Is ANYONE turning down University of Houston???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahammy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, is anyone turning down UH??

I am waitlisted for that school so this is my attempt to get a vague count of people that at going to decline so I can have a better gauge of my chances.

THanks in advance:)!

Members don't see this ad.

Instead of using shorthand - you may want to write out the actual school name. That way there is no confusion about which school you are referring to.

Do you mean University of Houston or the University of Hawaii?

~above~

Instead of using shorthand - you may want to write out the actual school name. That way there is no confusion about which school you are referring to.

Do you mean University of Houston or the University of Hawaii?

~above~

Ahh, I was not aware there was more than one UH...my mistake, perhaps I shall repost.

and I meant University of Houston, sorry about the confusion=).

Members don't see this ad :)
bump..... for my friend ahammy.

My friend attends TSU, she declined UH for TSU

I was waitlisted on #8, but I got into UT so I'm going to give up my spot.

There you go AHammmmy!! That moves you up 2 notches on the totem pole of dreams. Couple this news with the others who have responded and I think that it is looking better all the time for you.

yes....lets keep this thread rolling b/c I am also on the waitlist with ALOT of determination to be pulled off. (hopefully sooner... than later). even though it'll still be awesome if i get pulled off day before school starts.....i really don't want to spend my summer agonizing over it. i'm already going insane and i just got waitlisted about a week ago!

accepted to UT, turned down UofH after being waitlisted at #47. i guess i didnt do too well on that egpytian rescue groupwork :laugh:
good luck to all those still waiting!

yes....lets keep this thread rolling b/c I am also on the waitlist with ALOT of determination to be pulled off. (hopefully sooner... than later). even though it'll still be awesome if i get pulled off day before school starts.....i really don't want to spend my summer agonizing over it. i'm already going insane and i just got waitlisted about a week ago!

agreeeeed. i would like to enjoy my summer as well. baylorbear06, i think being #9 and #11, we definitely have a good chance=)....good thing #8 gave up his spot...hehe, just kidding=p....Congratulations Hexane, I'm happy for you=)!

Oh yes, I just emailed Dr. Smesny and she said that in the event that we do get pulled off the wait list, there will be an email AND snail mail. so we will see.......

let's see, so far, from PMing and this thread, these people are turning down UH:

Hexane #8
Hexane's friend who is going to UT
Lrx20
jamesl1585's friend who is goign to TSU
Texaswinner
jitizow

and bicdogc#47...not for us, but perhaps someone else?

so..that's already 6 people for sure. let's hope there's more!

people who are turning down UH pleaseeeeee post=)! thanks!

ahammy,
see that is what I thought too. all my friends keep telling me, "oh #11? you've got it in the bag!" but.......i know half of them are speaking on behalf of SUPPORT. hahah. so even though I know my rank is high up there, i'm still shaking inside. anyway- you're right though. a good handful of people are GOING to drop UH for UT if they haven't already. its just a matter of time for them to finalize everything at UT, so they can officially send the notices to UH. And then........ it'll probably take a while longer for UH to notify us when our spots move and etc. The only thing is......my worse fear: come August, 10 people have been pulled off... and me being number 11, i will be the last one standing. :scared::scared: oh boy, oh boy. lets not think the worse. hahaha anyway, its nice to know I have someone to relate to!! I was planning to email Dr. Smesny this Friday as well...... just to see if maybe the list has moved up any yet. I'm probably jumping the gun though.......

btw- are you waiting on any other schools, or is UH the only chance for Fall 2007?

oh and one more thing, did you interview 4/27 as well?

let's see, so far, from PMing and this thread, these people are turning down UH:

Hexane #8
Hexane's friend who is going to UT
Lrx20
jamesl1585's friend who is goign to TSU
Texaswinner
jitizow

and bicdogc#47...not for us, but perhaps someone else?

so..that's already 6 people for sure. let's hope there's more!

Hey, you forgot about my friend who is going to UT. There was one more person also, but I'm not sure if she's on sdn or not. So anyways, that's 7 for sure. You guys are almost in! :D

You guys might as well start making living arrangements and start getting immunized!!:D

lol...dienophile, you are going to UH this fall right? so did you already find a place to live? My brother lives close to the area in Houston. His apt is by the galleria...which is bout ~10 miles away i think. i'm considering living with him... or closer to the TMC area... (since we're talking about living arrangements n all) hahah

I already live in Houston. In fact, I have 19 years left on a 30 year mortgage on a freaking money pit. I can make you a deal:smuggrin: .... but then you wouldn't want to be my friend afterwards.

has anyone from the waiting list received acceptance letters yet?

has anyone from the waiting list received acceptance letters yet?

not that I know of. It doesn't seem like #1-7 use SDN....

Btw Hexane, have you turned in your letter turning down UH yet? If so, when did you mail the letter?

I sent them an e-mail and they replied letting me know they got it on the 16th.

just got my email acceptance today. i feel like im floating on cloud 9 :) the wait is FINALLY over yay!!!!! cant wait to meet all of u guys!