Is anyone willing to critique my med school PS and essays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeanmarie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have been lurking on this forum for a while, but this is my first post :)

I am applying to medical schools this summer (TMDSAS and AMCAS), and would really appreciate some feed back on my personal statement and essays. Anything from grammar and word choice to suggestions on content or themes would be greatly appreciated! Of course, I would be happy to return the favor. I teach MCAT classes for one of the two big companies, so I am more than willing to give any MCAT advice or look over some MCAT essays as well.

I am having a hard time trying to decide what to focus on for my statement. I know that we have to talk about what personally led us to this decision to become a doctor, but I have so many stories from growing up in China, to my public health degree and experiences, to my dad suffering heart failure that I really don't know what to include. Would you say that I should try to tie in a narrative of the big stepping stones of my life that led me here, or should I focus on one event, and maybe tie it all together into a major theme with my essays? Thank you so much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Ah, this is exactly what I was searching for, thank you so much!