Is anyone worried about their internship/post-doc site losing funding this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForensicNeuro

Intern
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
This upcoming debt-ceiling and default deadline has got me thinking...a lot of our APA internship sites and post-docs are government funded. What if they lose funding while we are there? If there was a funding freeze, could we finish out the year working for free and still keep the APA accreditation status or is the status revoked if they can't pay us? (this is especially pertaining to the NY/NJ area)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
This upcoming debt-ceiling and default deadline has got me thinking...a lot of our APA internship sites and post-docs are government funded. What if they lose funding while we are there? If there was a funding freeze, could we finish out the year working for free and still keep the APA accreditation status or is the status revoked if they can't pay us? (this is especially pertaining to the NY/NJ area)

I was under the impression that for many sites the money was already allocated in advance for training interns. I def. think this is the case for VAs and they are probably pretty secure unless the federal govt defaults (not so unlikely these days!).

After all the pain of finding an internship, I think i'd go to court if my funding was withdrawn after signing a contract. Our contract has the stipend written on there. There is no way i'm working for free another year.