Quantcast

Is August-September still considered "early"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GypsyHummus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey everyone,

I am taking the new MCAT in July, and we won't get scores back till Mid August. I was wondering, with everything else verified, submitting stuff in July/pre writing secondaries in that month off, would a mid August application still be considered "On time" for most places?

I would take the test in June, but I feel that I am not ready, and I know it is better to wait then to take the test and tank in hopes of getting it in early.

adrian710

Reaction score
I am taking MCAT in August. Hoping to submit by this weekend.

pericardium

CPR certified
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Depends what your GPAs are like and how you do on the MCAT

Last edited:

keels99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
August/September is still plenty early since the DO cycle goes longer. A coworker and I both applied in February (secondaries) and we still got accepted. The earlier the better, but I defintely wouldn't consider August or September late.

GypsyHummus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
August/September is still plenty early since the DO cycle goes longer. A coworker and I both applied in February (secondaries) and we still got accepted. The earlier the better, but I defintely wouldn't consider August or September late.

So september would be fine?