Is Community Health Sciences considered a science LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1058816

I'm obtaining letters of rec, and I'm not clear on what professors are considered science vs non-science. I'm also asking a Psych professor for a LOR whicih I'm fairly sure from what I've read is non-science. What about a Community Health Sciences (grad-level) class?

Some people say BCMP, some people say it's less strict, some say it's based on the professorship (e.g. professor of X). IDK if it even matters given some schools like Harvard say they highly recommend their requirements but in the end it's up to the applicant. I would call the schools I'm applying to but I don't have a list yet because I'm waiting for my MCAT result.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the course classification guide is just for determining what goes into the BCPM sGPA. Not necessarily for LORs. If in doubt, I'd check with each school to get an answer.
I agree always check with the school, but I can also attest that this is the first place I (and my committees) have gone for professor letters in subject areas that we may be unaware about, especially if it is not a straightforward BCPM subject.

Reactions: 1 user