1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is computer science considered math?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pyra, Aug 1, 2001.

1. pyra

pyra Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Can you classify a compter science course (Fortran for Engineers) as a math course for BPCM? The reason I am asking is that some med schools allow computer science to satisfy the math requirements, so wouldn't you want this to show in the BPCM GPA? AMCAS directions say to put it under Computer Science category though.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jcd311

jcd311 Member
    7+ Year Member

I was really frustrated with the aspect of the AMCAS application last year as well. Since I'm an Information Technology major, I have a lot of computer science classes. I ended up doing what AMCAS said. The schools will take note of your computer science classes when they get a copy of your transcript.

4. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

I would put it under computer science. AMCAS might change your academic record if they think you put it in the wrong category.

Fortran huh? Havent seen that one around very much. We had to take Basic/C/C++/Java/Assembly.