Is Cornell Interview via both email and snailmail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CheckMate

My lost shaker of salt
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

CheckMate said:
I received an email last week that told me Cornell wants to interview me, but the email itself said THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO INTERVIEW and said I would receive a letter in the mail. Did everyone receive this email prior to receiving a letter in the mail? Interestingly, the letter said that Cornell would be interviewing until early March and that they will make decisions on all the applicants in early March so that everyone would have an equal shot... Um... didn't many (at least 5 or so) people on SDN already receive acceptances from Cornell?? If so, then what are they talking about in the email saying all final decisions are made in March? Either 1) I got a bogus email or 2) Cornell is fibbing a bit here.

Can anyone clarify this? Did everyone get this same email?

Have you selected an interview date yet? I got the same email and then received a list of dates a few days later. I finally selected my interview day yesterday, and I assume I will now receive an offical snail mail invite.

Also, Cornell--or at least the email--is arguably fibbing. I thought as you did until I read that a few people were accepted some time in December. The following thread provides an explanation of this seeming discrepancy:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=170651

You might consider PMing the people who have already been accepted for further information.

CheckMate said:
I received an email last week that told me Cornell wants to interview me, but the email itself said THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO INTERVIEW and said I would receive a letter in the mail. Did everyone receive this email prior to receiving a letter in the mail? Interestingly, the letter said that Cornell would be interviewing until early March and that they will make decisions on all the applicants in early March so that everyone would have an equal shot... Um... didn't many (at least 5 or so) people on SDN already receive acceptances from Cornell?? If so, then what are they talking about in the email saying all final decisions are made in March? Either 1) I got a bogus email or 2) Cornell is fibbing a bit here.

Can anyone clarify this? Did everyone get this same email?

I got an interview invite from them via email in Nov. and then I got another email with some available dates to which I replied. Everything was set up via email--I never received an actual letter in the mail.

Also, most acceptances are sent out in March, but a few "highly qualified candidates" received their acceptances before the holidays. When I was there for my interview, they said not to expect to hear anything until mid-March concerning a decision, although they have in the past occasionally accepted students before that date.

Good luck on your interview!