Is Cornell just not that into me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajt2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...

Is anyone else WAITING on Cornell? What's the deal? I've been complete for about 3.4 years. Think interview invites are still being given out?

Members don't see this ad.

ajt2003 said:
So...

Is anyone else WAITING on Cornell? What's the deal? I've been complete for about 3.4 years. Think interview invites are still being given out?

I don't know about whether they are sending more invites, but I love the thread title :laugh:

It's not you, it's hi...I mean, them....

I had given up on them but today I got an interview invite! So yes, they are definitely still giving them out. They had a few immediate (next week) openings so perhaps if you haven't yet been rejected post-sec, they are hoping to interview you but are waiting for spots to open up as people cancel. Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ha. me too since sept. no idea where my rejection letter is. i'm wondering when the last interview invites are being given...

Skichic56 said:
ha. me too since sept. no idea where my rejection letter is. i'm wondering when the last interview invites are being given...

I just called the office on how long they will be giving interview invitation invites out and they said through early March. personally, i feel thats a crock of bull but hey, I guess that gives us some hope....

ajt2003 said:
So...

perhaps try calling/emailing them? I've heard stories of some of their correspondence (secondaries, inteview invites, etc) getting filtered out of people's emails. (I had to email them for a secondary, which they then had to send me TWICE!) If it's true that they have some openings in the next few weeks, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a call... at the very least it might catch someone's attention...

also, I'm pretty sure they're interviewing right up until they accept the majority of the class in March, so no worries yet... Good Luck!!!! ;)

I just got the email notification today as well. So naturally, I'm watching for news of hell freezing over anytime now.

CarleneM said:
I had given up on them but today I got an interview invite! So yes, they are definitely still giving them out. They had a few immediate (next week) openings so perhaps if you haven't yet been rejected post-sec, they are hoping to interview you but are waiting for spots to open up as people cancel. Good luck!!!

Carlene, you are the *queen* of recent interview invites! I bow before you alla Wayne and Garth and hope that your luck passes onto me! :p

Seriously though, thanks for the info...and although it's promising, I totally think Cornell's passed me over for some hot blonde. Whatever. (See, that was me continuing my whole "sex and the city" opening. Do you get it? Do you get it?!) Nevermind...

ajt2003 said:
Carlene, you are the *queen* of recent interview invites! I bow before you alla Wayne and Garth and hope that your luck passes onto me! :p

Seriously though, thanks for the info...and although it's promising, I totally think Cornell's passed me over for some hot blonde. Whatever. (See, that was me continuing my whole "sex and the city" opening. Do you get it? Do you get it?!) Nevermind...

lol. well Miranda, i really am a hot(?) blonde so there may be some truth to your theory...that or they just liked my update letter and CV. I really hope you get an interview soon though!

oh and if anyone is jealous or thinking i'm having amazing luck, well I may just have lost (or more likely had stolen from my hotel room) a one month old $400 something dollar mp3 player. I realized it wasn't in my bag right after I got the notification from cornell about the interview so it took all the wind out of my sails immediately.... :(

CarleneM said:
lol. well Miranda, i really am a hot(?) blonde so there may be some truth to your theory...that or they just liked my update letter and CV. I really hope you get an interview soon though!

oh and if anyone is jealous or thinking i'm having amazing luck, well I may just have lost (or more likely had stolen from my hotel room) a one month old $400 something dollar mp3 player. I realized it wasn't in my bag right after I got the notification from cornell about the interview so it took all the wind out of my sails immediately.... :(

do you know where you want to go?

blump said:
do you know where you want to go?

I do have a top choice (ok, i'll admit it. Harvard) and then a group of schools that I haven't really ranked at this point but would be thrilled to attend. Yale and Columbia I both loved but since I've yet to visit johns hopkins, upenn, and cornell I can't really say where those schools fall. Geographic stuff is pretty important and I also want to see financial aid packages, so we'll see. I would be perfectly content going to u of chicago, though, as it is a great school and could very well choose it over cornell, etc (if given the luxury of choosing...)

CarleneM said:
I do have a top choice (ok, i'll admit it. Harvard) and then a group of schools that I haven't really ranked at this point but would be thrilled to attend. Yale and Columbia I both loved but since I've yet to visit johns hopkins, upenn, and cornell I can't really say where those schools fall. Geographic stuff is pretty important and I also want to see financial aid packages, so we'll see. I would be perfectly content going to u of chicago, though, as it is a great school and could very well choose it over cornell, etc (if given the luxury of choosing...)

well, good luck! Those are all fantastic schools.

ajt2003 said:
So...

ajt,

You seem to have had some very good interviews, so I wouldn't worry about Cornell too much. Nevertheless, many of the students I met at Cornell said that they interviewed in February. Cornell should therefore be interviewing for a while longer, and should also accepting many of those who have yet to interview.

I have tried to resist the temptation to liken this process to a crapshoot, but it may in fact be just that for the vast majority of applicants. I have yet to receive word from UPenn (we know what that means), Hopkins, and Yale. If it weren't for my other interviews, I would probably just resign to the fact that I am not as competitive as I hoped. More likely, the probable culprit is a perceived paucity of clinical experience, but I would not have expected 6+ interviews if my motivation and/or sincerity were questioned. And why would I be invited for a Harvard (NP) interview within three weeks of being complete if my application were not well-rounded? Maybe I fell through some unlikely--and very fortuitous--crack. While this process may not be entirely analogous to a crapshoot, it certainly evades my understanding. Perhaps that is for the better.

Good luck. Cornell's location is amazing.

DrDarwin

Members don't see this ad :)
CarleneM said:

Looks like we've interviewed at almost exactly the same places. I go to Upenn on Friday. I guess I'll see you there, although I should warn you that I'll never admit to being on SDN.

Ajt: Don't waste the pretty ;)

Guy/Carlene- I have a roommate who is still waiting an md/phd invite at upenn- if you guys happen to hear whether or not they are indeed still inviting, could you let me know? thanks!!!

Hey all,

Thanks for the info...and for the kind words, DrDarwin! You're right. Some parts of this application process just don't make sense (ps, can you please import some of your vocab into my head? Tres fancy...).

So...it looks like February's still a viable month. Yes!

And sockandmittens, don't worry - the pretty is definitely NOT going to be wasted on Cornell. I mean, it ain't like I got much to spare anyway *wink, wink*

Good luck to those interviewing at Cornell - and to those waiting to hear!

CarleneM said:

damn, you are such a babe carlene (not in a chauvanistic way; like, in a good way)

Just spoke with a lovely woman in the admissions office.

Apparently a letter has been mailed regarding my application.

Oh! A letter.

You mean a rejection.

Right.

Whatever, Cornell. WHAT. EVER.

:p

Probably means it's in the mail for me too. It's funny how they reject people in tiers. Well, take heart, ajt, at least we were on (presumably) the last tier to go, which means abosolutely NOTHING at all.

ajt2003 said:
Just spoke with a lovely woman in the admissions office.

Apparently a letter has been mailed regarding my application.

Oh! A letter.

You mean a rejection.

Right.

Whatever, Cornell. WHAT. EVER.

:p

Dr. Donkey said:
Probably means it's in the mail for me too. It's funny how they reject people in tiers. Well, take heart, ajt, at least we were on (presumably) the last tier to go, which means abosolutely NOTHING at all.

woohoo, me too! I haven't called, but I'm pretty sure that letter will show up with all my other rejections. At least the letter will give us some closure.

And I was so hot right then, too :( . Poor Hansel.

count me in too as being one of those 'top rejects'. can't wait for this letter to arrive.

Not only was Cornell not that into me, they were never into me at all. That's okay Cornell, I don't need you, I've moved on. There are more fish in the sea. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. I'm rooting for you. :)

does anyone know when the last day of interviews are for Cornell? and if they are finished inviting for interviews? thanks :)

CalGoldenBear said:
does anyone know when the last day of interviews are for Cornell? and if they are finished inviting for interviews? thanks :)

Are there alot of people out there waiting post-sec? I think if we havent been rejected yet they have us in a queue to send an interview only is someone else cancels theres so a spot opens up; at least this is what im hoping. I was complete really late there so maybe that is the real reason :laugh:

CalGoldenBear said:

I believe the last interview date is March 10... not sure when they stop inviting.

ajt2003 said:
So...

:love: :love: :love: thread title :love: :love: :love: