• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Is Covid contact tracing considered clinical experience?

MyOdyssey

5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2015
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hello All:

Is Covid-19 contact tracing work - calling patients who've tested positive - to ascertain their recent contacts and then to call those contacts to advise them that they have been exposed - considered clinical work?

The communications are entirely by phone/email and not in person for obvious reasons.

I'd be especially interested to hear the perspective of SDN's resident medical school admissions posters.

Thanks!

About the Ads

Tyrese

Ty Guy, Oh My!
    Jun 3, 2020
    1. Pre-Medical
      I agree with previous poster: there isn't patient interaction, so it can't really be considered clinical. Be patient, and try to attain a clinical experience that involves patient interaction (of course when things clear up a bit more). As far as I know, there is not much more that people looking to intern on the floor can do at the moment.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
      Verified Expert
      15+ Year Member
      Mar 7, 2005
      1. Academic Administration
        According to my definition of clinical experience, you need to be in the same room as the patient. Clearly, you are not. Ergo, not clinical in that sense. Still, a good employment (or volunteer) activity to list on your application and perhaps something novel enough that you might be asked to talk about it a bit at interview.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.