Is DAT Achiever worthless?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrdeez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been using destroyer and bootcamp as my main study sources for a while now. I've been using achiever's practice tests once a week to make sure I have my timing down, but now that I'm getting acquainted with the types of problems that are found in the destroyer and bootcamp, I'm not sure if it is helping me or wasting my time.

I was gaining confidence when I started to see patterns in the types of problems between destroyer and bootcamp, but now when I take an achiever test, the problems are so far out of left field that I'm left staring at the screen scratching my head.

I have been working really hard to understand the problems I got wrong on bootcamp and destroyer, but when I do the same with achiever, something just feels...not right. Its almost like the problems are too foreign, like the amount of time spent mastering them will not pay off.

Does anyone have experience with this program? Am I good with just sticking to destroyer and bootcamp? I really got into a rhythm with those two and felt like I was learning more on days when I used those only.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing is worthless. Everything in life teaches you something.

It just gets you acquainted with super hard questions so in the real thing when you encounter a hard question, you'll think it's a joke in comparison to Achiever.
But just do 1-3 tests, not all 10.

Reactions: 1 user
I gotta agree Achiever is still useful. It seams like they haven't updated their stuff for a while now but a couple of my friends still found it very helpful.