SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Is Davis even serious?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by HumbleMD, Mar 4, 2007.

1. HumbleMD

HumbleMD hmmmm... 7+ Year Member

Sep 22, 2006
    East Coast
    So I get back from my Spring Break trip, and low and behold there is a invitation for the UCDavis secondary. I had written them off as a rejection months ago. But on February 23rd they sent me an secondary app. I've been complete since July, I'm OOS, and have other acceptances I'm more than happy with, but this is the first UC I've heard from. Is it even worth it? It's not like this is an interview, but a freaking secondary, and I'd rather not plunk down the secondary fee if this is all a silly game for a low waitlist spot...:mad:

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jan 23, 2005
    San Diego
    I know that if you didn't send in your 2ndary app and fee you would always ask yourself "What if?" But at this stage in the game, I just wouldn't be able to shake the feeling that they just want my money. You have been accepted to wonderful schools, and unless you have expendible cash and time, I wouldn't go through with it.

4. LoneCoyote

LoneCoyote 7+ Year Member

Sep 13, 2002
    As a 3rd year at Davis I can tell you that they are way behind in interviewing due to the move to the new building. So I highly doubt the class is even close to full at this point. But whether it would be by the time you'd interview, I don;t know. You might call tomorrow and talk to Terri about it.

5. billybama

billybama Vote for me! 10+ Year Member

Sep 29, 2004
    don't bother. you wouldn't go there with the stuff you have already.

6. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California Moderator 10+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Given their historical disdain for OOSers and the fact that it's so late in the game, I probably wouldn't send it in at this point regardless of how backed up they are.

7. searun

searun 5+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Since you have been admitted to med schools that blow Davis off the map, why bother, unless they hurt your feelings. And if that is the case, then work on yourself and forget Davis.

8. Tatowedges

Tatowedges clap your hands say yeah 2+ Year Member

May 30, 2006
    There is no advantage to Davis for you unless you really want to end up in California. I would go to almost all of those schools you were accepted to over Davis.

9. HumbleMD

Sep 22, 2006
    East Coast
    ...yeah, it is pretty hard to pass up WTFCOM. I definitely will be missing the West Coast (regretting giving up my Oregon Interview), but I guess a shoddy chance at Davis is not the place to do it at. Fingers crossed for Residency...

10. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon! 10+ Year Member

Sep 6, 2002
    CA
    I wouldn't bother. The Davis secondary is pretty extensive, and you've already gotten some great acceptances. Funny side note --- when I applied, I got a nice email rejection within 4 hours of submitting the secondary. :D

11. HumbleMD

Sep 22, 2006
    East Coast
    Anecdotal but good enough for me. Looks like Davis needs a way to pay for that new building they're moving into. Uncrupulous bastids...

12. 45408

45408 aw buddy 7+ Year Member

Jun 13, 2004