HumbleMD

hmmmm...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So I get back from my Spring Break trip, and low and behold there is a invitation for the UCDavis secondary. I had written them off as a rejection months ago. But on February 23rd they sent me an secondary app. I've been complete since July, I'm OOS, and have other acceptances I'm more than happy with, but this is the first UC I've heard from. Is it even worth it? It's not like this is an interview, but a freaking secondary, and I'd rather not plunk down the secondary fee if this is all a silly game for a low waitlist spot...:mad:

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
USA
doctajay.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I know that if you didn't send in your 2ndary app and fee you would always ask yourself "What if?" But at this stage in the game, I just wouldn't be able to shake the feeling that they just want my money. You have been accepted to wonderful schools, and unless you have expendible cash and time, I wouldn't go through with it.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
As a 3rd year at Davis I can tell you that they are way behind in interviewing due to the move to the new building. So I highly doubt the class is even close to full at this point. But whether it would be by the time you'd interview, I don;t know. You might call tomorrow and talk to Terri about it.

About the Ads

billybama

Vote for me!
10+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2004
Status (Visible)
don't bother. you wouldn't go there with the stuff you have already.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Given their historical disdain for OOSers and the fact that it's so late in the game, I probably wouldn't send it in at this point regardless of how backed up they are.

searun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Since you have been admitted to med schools that blow Davis off the map, why bother, unless they hurt your feelings. And if that is the case, then work on yourself and forget Davis.

Tatowedges

clap your hands say yeah
10+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
There is no advantage to Davis for you unless you really want to end up in California. I would go to almost all of those schools you were accepted to over Davis.

HumbleMD

hmmmm...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
There is no advantage to Davis for you unless you really want to end up in California. I would go to almost all of those schools you were accepted to over Davis.

...yeah, it is pretty hard to pass up WTFCOM. I definitely will be missing the West Coast (regretting giving up my Oregon Interview), but I guess a shoddy chance at Davis is not the place to do it at. Fingers crossed for Residency...

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I wouldn't bother. The Davis secondary is pretty extensive, and you've already gotten some great acceptances. Funny side note --- when I applied, I got a nice email rejection within 4 hours of submitting the secondary. :D

HumbleMD

hmmmm...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I wouldn't bother. The Davis secondary is pretty extensive, and you've already gotten some great acceptances. Funny side note --- when I applied, I got a nice email rejection within 4 hours of submitting the secondary. :D

Anecdotal but good enough for me. Looks like Davis needs a way to pay for that new building they're moving into. Uncrupulous bastids...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.