Is Dental School Even an Option For Me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lostinthewoods17

Reaction score
I went to an osteopathic school by heavily utilizing the grade replacement policy. I don’t know what my gpa’s are since I have been to a number of cc’s and have retaken courses. I’m sure they’re in the 2.0’s though.

I also had to remediate my first semester of med school due to poor grades, which I successfully did but I just withdrew from the program since it wasn’t for me.

I know I am in a hell of a hole; I have so much anxiety and depression atm. I’ve never hit rock bottom to such an extent, but I need to know if there’s any remote chance of getting into a dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

You posted this on reddit too. Please get help and deal with your mental health before trying to move forward. Doesn't matter if you're the richest and best person in the world if you suffer from anxiety and depression. Working towards/getting an acceptance to dental school won't solve your problems. I wish you well.

Reactions: 1 user
What will be the difference between first year of medical school and dental school? It doesn't even seem you looked into dentistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that dental school’s preclinical years and similar to medical school’s preclinical years. I’ve learned what my deficits were, and I came back strong and completed my semester in med school that I had to remediate. I knew that med school wasn’t a career that I could see myself in during the time.

I wholeheartedly wish to become a dentist, not something to please my parents like I did in medical school.

First, take a month off, travel somewhere and relax.

Then, take a master program and get all A's or A's and B's
if you have some pre-requistes C's retake them and make them A's or B's

Then take the dat and get above 21

Meanwhile keep shadowing and volunteering

wirte a good personal statement

Apply after 1-2 years to 20 schools and you will get somewhere.

There is always a hope, but you matter more than freaking dentistry.

Take care of yourself first, then other things later.

You can't be a dentist if you are sick!

If you don't have money to study a master degree, take a loan if that's really what your heart wants!

Reactions: 1 users