Is dentistry flexible and less stressful career? ( for musician and actress)

Raora

Reaction score
▪️Is it worth being a dentist ?
▪️If you had another chance to choose your career would you go for dentistry again ? would you choose medicine?

▪️What are the pros and cons of being a dentist?
▪︎ is dentistry a stressful career ?
▪︎ which one is harder, med school or dental school ?

I'm looking for a career in medicine that offers flexibility in time and that is less stressful, this is because I want to pursue acting and singing alongside my career professionally, so I want it to provide me time to pursue my other interests. something that I could have control over my schedule, take off my white coat and go for singing and acting whenever I want to, then go back .

Is dentistry a right career for me ?
If not , which career would you suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dentistry is every bit as stressful and demanding as medicine. Most dentists I know work 4+ days per week and do not take more than 1 week off at a time. I would not suggest dentistry as a back up career to singing or acting. What makes or breaks these careers is your passion and drive to do the job and take care of patients. To be successful and enjoy dentistry you should want to practice dentistry. Also, your clinic and patients will depend on you greatly, making it difficult to step in and out of the profession.

It sounds like you would prefer an entertainment career. If you're young, I say do that while you have time on your side and have no debts. Developing a career in music/acting is very challenging and will require all your efforts to have the maximum chance for success.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
He believes that pursuing art or drama and singing is a waste of time
Smart man. Jazz hands rarely pay the bills.

39344051-531A-4F8B-98F8-6140CE27AD65.gif

Big Hoss

Last edited:
▪️Is it worth being a dentist ?
▪️If you had another chance to choose your career would you go for dentistry again ? would you choose medicine?

▪️What are the pros and cons of being a dentist?
▪︎ is dentistry a stressful career ?
▪︎ which one is harder, med school or dental school ?

I'm looking for a career in medicine that offers flexibility in time and that is less stressful, this is because I want to pursue acting and singing alongside my career professionally, so I want it to provide me time to pursue my other interests. something that I could have control over my schedule, take off my white coat and go for singing and acting whenever I want to, then go back .this is because my dad wants me to pursue sth academic and good in university so that I will not waste my intelligence.
He believes that pursuing art or drama and singing is a waste of time and that I could do them alongside my main job.

So Is dentistry a right career for me ?
If not , which career would you suggest?
Sure, you can work part time or be flexible as long as you have no debt. However, your cost of education will be hundreds of thousands of dollars.

So no I would not recommend that. It takes 8years after HS to become a dentist during which at least the 4yr of dental school you need laser focus on dentistry. I don't think it is worth that time and money investment all so you can pursue something else.