Is DMU interviewing for waitlist spots now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swiftjab

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received an email invitation for an interview. They didn't tell me if I'll be interviewing for a waitlist spot or not and they won't tell me how many spots they have left in their class. If they're interviewing for waitlist spots then I would save my money and decline the interview since I already have 4 interviews set up. I don't want to pay more money just for a waitlist spot interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an email invitation for an interview. They didn't tell me if I'll be interviewing for a waitlist spot or not and they won't tell me how many spots they have left in their class. If they're interviewing for waitlist spots then I would save my money and decline the interview since I already have 4 interviews set up. I don't want to pay more money just for a waitlist spot interview.

If they won't tell you, I don't think there's really any way you'll be able to find out. Look at it this way: Since DMU is one of the top schools, and since they have a small class size, assuming they do have seats still available the chances of you getting one are essentially zero unless you have REALLY good numbers. You might want to consider only interviewing at the schools with larger class sizes to make it worth your while. Or, since I believe you're already past the priority deadline, just wait until next cycle and reapply.

Reactions: 1 user
DMU, more than likely, won't have any spots left. If they are interviewing you this late in the cycle, they are probably looking for waitlisters. Smaller schools are usually full by the end of February-early March. If you are pursuing DMU or any of the schools with smaller class sizes, I would follow footNankle's advice and apply early next cycle. I hope this helps. Good luck on your interviews coming up.

Members don't see this ad :)
If they won't tell you, I don't think there's really any way you'll be able to find out. Look at it this way: Since DMU is one of the top schools, and since they have a small class size, assuming they do have seats still available the chances of you getting one are essentially zero unless you have REALLY good numbers. You might want to consider only interviewing at the schools with larger class sizes to make it worth your while. Or, since I believe you're already past the priority deadline, just wait until next cycle and reapply.

No way to find out? I am sure if any of the interviewers called admissions and asked about the wait list they would be happy to give the information. Admissions doesn't hide that stat from students. DMU doesn't want to waste time interviewing if you don't want to be on the wait list. I am sure they either forgot to add in the wait list part of the email or a spot opened up.

No way to find out? I am sure if any of the interviewers called admissions and asked about the wait list they would be happy to give the information. Admissions doesn't hide that stat from students. DMU doesn't want to waste time interviewing if you don't want to be on the wait list. I am sure they either forgot to add in the wait list part of the email or a spot opened up.
I interviewed in Feb. and we were told very few seats were still open. Everyone in my group (5 of us) got waitlisted. So even if a spot or two is open there are probably quite a few people sitting on the waitlist already.

I interviewed in Feb. and we were told very few seats were still open. Everyone in my group (5 of us) got waitlisted. So even if a spot or two is open there are probably quite a few people sitting on the waitlist already.
I assume that the class is full with spots opening up here and there. I was meaning to emphasize that the admissions will tell you that you are interviewing for the waitlist if you want to know.

If you are still hoping to get into DMU best of luck.

Off the subject: Wouldn't it stink if someone interviewed with high stats and got in before those who have been waitlisted for a couple months? The school can do what they want but it would still be lame.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed earlier in March and got waitlisted I'm pretty sure that's all they're interviewing for at this point. They only have something like 53 seats and it's pretty late in the season.