MiamiHeat87

Palm Tree Beach Goer
Mar 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I stumbled upon a site when reading info. about being a Doctor. The site is a various supply of resources by a Dr. Kevin Pezzi M.D. His writings are very enlightening, but seemed biased. I question the validity of anything I read on the internet. Yet, I think his writings were plausible. Such as this one:

http://www.er-doctor.com/doctor_income.html

Pretty cool article to read.

BUT THAN, I read his bio. And his bio seems outlandish! Now I really question his validity! Is this guy a sham?

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Meh, Just compare a corporate CEO with no education after high school and then smile about it.

circulus vitios

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
That article is a bunch of stupid bull****. No one starts off as a UPS driver. Even if you could do start off as a driver, there's no way in hell they're going to pay or even let you work 80 hours a week.

morning

butane in my veins
Feb 6, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
He makes 18 years sound like a really, really long time - and it would be if it were 18 years after you became a doctor. It's 18 years after you leave high school, so by the time you've made more than a UPS driver (who very likely would not have gotten that job straight out of high school anyway - I don't know anyone who got a job paying 60k right after HS!) you're 35, not 55.

I plan on living for a lot longer than 35. I dunno about you. I'm already almost 3/4 of the way there, I'm dirt poor, and I'm not unhappy at all.

link2swim06

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Hmm.. 2 major flaws

Contrary to belief I do spend money now in college and will continue spending money in med school on "living". I would say this is at least $20,000 a year.....therefore technically the student income for the first 8 years is $20,000 (yes not 100% of your loans go to tuition).

You don't start out as a UPS driver and if you lose that job gluck finding another one that pays that well (no so for a physician).

Final, face it, when you are a doc you will have WAY more flexibility than any UPS driver with where you live.

Also.....Just Remember who the hell wants to drive the same route around a city dropping packages off for 20 years, thats gotta get old fast.

Last edited:
OP
MiamiHeat87

MiamiHeat87

Palm Tree Beach Goer
Mar 11, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Also.....Just Remember who the hell wants to drive the same route around a city dropping packages off for 20 years, thats gotta get old fast.
Lmao. Yea, your right. I cannot imagine that at all!

vin5cent0

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I donno about you guys, but I see wealthy UPS drivers all over the place

JoshUNCW

Comp Sci Geek
Nov 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Status
Pre-Medical
I donno about you guys, but I see wealthy UPS drivers all over the place
Hell yeah dude, I see them UPS drivers roll up to the UPS station in their 7 series BMWs. So that when all the doctors drive up to the UPS center in their hondas, they turn their heads in disgust at how overpaid a UPS driver is!

WE NEED UPS REFORM NOW!

VOP

5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
Status
Medical Student
Hell yeah dude, I see them UPS drivers roll up to the UPS station in their 7 series BMWs. So that when all the doctors drive up to the UPS center in their hondas, they turn their heads in disgust at how overpaid a UPS driver is!

WE NEED UPS REFORM NOW!
I lol'ed

Oct 31, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Easy with the hating.

Delivering packages may seem boring to you, but to some, it is as much fun as playing Modern Warfare 2.

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok this guy's bio is BULL! It makes him sound like the most interesting man in the world from the Dos Equis commercials. :laugh:

He once failed an orgo exam...just to see what it was like.

metalgearHMN

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2007
Groznyj Grad
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok this guy's bio is BULL! It makes him sound like the most interesting man in the world from the Dos Equis commercials. :laugh:

:laugh: Those commercials are hilarious.

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't always drink beer...

morning

butane in my veins
Feb 6, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical

LOL. I didn't look at his bio before and now I really want to meet this dude.

For example, while a college student at Michigan State University, he once went into the wrong room to take a final exam. Even though he was not enrolled in the class, he scored 147 out of 150, easily the highest score achieved by any of the hundreds of students taking the test.

Dr. Kevin Pezzi's tears cure cancer. Too bad Dr. Kevin Pezzi has never cried.

http://www.erbook.net/pictures.htm

He kind of looks like the Peter Pan guy.

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
After graduating in the top 1% of his class from Wayne State University School of Medicine, Dr. Pezzi practiced emergency medicine for 11 years. He was one of the few people in the country to be elected to Alpha Omega Alpha after the second year of medical school. He wrote several books and developed numerous web sites, the most recent of which give Internet users free ways to date online, develop better online profiles, and combat spam. Dr. Pezzi has over 850 inventions to date, and is currently developing a device that will make you wonder if you've been teleported a century into the future.

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
LOL. I didn't look at his bio before and now I really want to meet this dude.

For example, while a college student at Michigan State University, he once went into the wrong room to take a final exam. Even though he was not enrolled in the class, he scored 147 out of 150, easily the highest score achieved by any of the hundreds of students taking the test.

Dr. Kevin Pezzi's tears cure cancer. Too bad Dr. Kevin Pezzi has never cried.

http://www.erbook.net/pictures.htm

He kind of looks like the Peter Pan guy.
:laugh: Isn't that a Chuck Norris joke?

LOL at the excerpt from his bio. How is he smart enough to get the highest score on an exam from a class he isn't in, while still being dumb enough not to know he's in the wrong damn room??

Fun fact: Kevin Pezzi does not get wet. Water gets Kevin Pezzi.

austinap

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
CA
Status
:laugh: Isn't that a Chuck Norris joke?

LOL at the excerpt from his bio. How is he smart enough to get the highest score on an exam from a class he isn't in, while still being dumb enough not to know he's in the wrong damn room??

Fun fact: Kevin Pezzi does not get wet. Water gets Kevin Pezzi.
Thanks, now I have that god-awful song stuck in my head...

Jan 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
That article is a bunch of stupid bull****. No one starts off as a UPS driver. Even if you could do start off as a driver, there's no way in hell they're going to pay or even let you work 80 hours a week.
:thumbup: Working at UPS is where you will certainly pay your dues. My UPS man took 8 years to become a driver after slaving in a sorting facility as some form of package handler.

Jan 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I stumbled upon a site when reading info. about being a Doctor. The site is a various supply of resources by a Dr. Kevin Pezzi M.D. His writings are very enlightening, but seemed biased. I question the validity of anything I read on the internet. Yet, I think his writings were plausible. Such as this one:

http://www.er-doctor.com/doctor_income.html

Pretty cool article to read.

BUT THAN, I read his bio. And his bio seems outlandish! Now I really question his validity! Is this guy a sham?
If you google "Kevin Pezzi" and watch the suggested search items that come up as you type, the first one is "kevin pezzi md" and the second is "kevin pezzi quack." So it appears as though he probably doesn't have a very good reputation if that's one of the most popular searches with his name.

Bernoull

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2007
Ischioanal fossa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Nothing sickens me more that physicians shamelessly peddling books and snakeoil.. The public generally trusts physicians and this trust is the foundation of all what doctors do, such scumbags undermine this trust. This guy professes expertise in everything under the sun.. what a jester..:laugh:

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't see snake oils. He just sells books. What's wrong with a little sensational book-selling?

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Somewhere on the website, he says that " The FBI claims that he (Pezzi) has the highest IQ of any living person". :eek:

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Somewhere on the website, he says that " The FBI claims that he (Pezzi) has the highest IQ of any living person". :eek:
Since when does the FBI keep record of the IQs of every living person?? What a joke, this guy is a total fake. I bet he got his MD out of a gumball machine.

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I must find this gumball machine.

Bernoull

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2007
Ischioanal fossa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
"My college GPA and MCAT scores were so high that I was the one person my medical school accepted per year with only three years of college ... I was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha after my second year, and graduated in the top 1% of my class ... I was offered an under-the-table deal because they wanted to ensure that no other hospital lured me away. The director of my residency program once commented that I was the smartest resident they ever had, and one of my former bosses told me that I was the smartest doctor he ever met."

This must be da best rapper i alive...:laugh::laugh:

Somehow this highly accomplished doctor hasn't published virtually zilch in a peer reviewed journal, I can't find crap (pubmed, scholar, endnote...)
Given that he's a prolific inventor, I can't even find a patent he holds...