is everyone sure....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ally1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, please do not get irritated with yet another lo interest/intent letter.

but everyone seems to be saying send this by email? to the dean od admssions? however, i was thinking, that is you email this to dean of admissions do they bring this with them to next admissions review?

i thought it may be better to email it to the admssions office? what do you guys think.

anyone already sent it in and have a comment? thanks guys.

enjoy the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

ally1 said:
okay, please do not get irritated with yet another lo interest/intent letter.

but everyone seems to be saying send this by email? to the dean od admssions? however, i was thinking, that is you email this to dean of admissions do they bring this with them to next admissions review?

i thought it may be better to email it to the admssions office? what do you guys think.

anyone already sent it in and have a comment? thanks guys.

enjoy the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

i sent a letter of interest to both the admissions office, and the admissions dean. the response i got was from the dean. i totally intended to hand write it but ran out of time. good luck!

CADreaming06 said:
i sent a letter of interest to both the admissions office, and the admissions dean. the response i got was from the dean. i totally intended to hand write it but ran out of time. good luck!

The envelope I addressed to the Dean. The actual letter I addressed to "Dean XYZ and the Committee on Admissions."

Members don't see this ad :)
I typed mine up and snail-mailed them ... to my interviewer and the dean, care of the admissions office.

I vote for a written and snail mailed letter. More formal looking and more likely to be added to the file than an email someone has to print up. It is appropriate to send only one letter of intent to one school. Make certain you are clear whether you are interested or this is your first choice.

i have a friend on an adcom, and was told if you want to help your chances with admissions with a letter of intent/interest or anything of the sort it is best to snail mail it so that it can be added to your file

thanks guys.

would it be ok to send on to the dean and then to the admissions office with other supporting stuff? thanks! good luck to everyone too.