1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

is everyone sure....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ally1, Dec 19, 2005.

1. ally1

ally1 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    okay, please do not get irritated with yet another lo interest/intent letter.

but everyone seems to be saying send this by email? to the dean od admssions? however, i was thinking, that is you email this to dean of admissions do they bring this with them to next admissions review?

i thought it may be better to email it to the admssions office? what do you guys think.

anyone already sent it in and have a comment? thanks guys.

enjoy the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CADreaming06

CADreaming06 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i sent a letter of interest to both the admissions office, and the admissions dean. the response i got was from the dean. i totally intended to hand write it but ran out of time. good luck!

4. LucidSplash

LucidSplash Bloody Plumber
    Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    The envelope I addressed to the Dean. The actual letter I addressed to "Dean XYZ and the Committee on Admissions."

5. greendot

greendot SDN Angel
    5+ Year Member

I typed mine up and snail-mailed them ... to my interviewer and the dean, care of the admissions office.

6. MDMAMA

MDMAMA Member
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I vote for a written and snail mailed letter. More formal looking and more likely to be added to the file than an email someone has to print up. It is appropriate to send only one letter of intent to one school. Make certain you are clear whether you are interested or this is your first choice.

7. lobster M.D.

lobster M.D. Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i have a friend on an adcom, and was told if you want to help your chances with admissions with a letter of intent/interest or anything of the sort it is best to snail mail it so that it can be added to your file

8. ally1

ally1 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    thanks guys.

would it be ok to send on to the dean and then to the admissions office with other supporting stuff? thanks! good luck to everyone too.