Is Examkrackers 7th edition worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNARNAPROTEIN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend getting the EK 7th ed. at retail price or do you think buying the 6th ed. cheaper off Ebay will prepare me just as well??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The amount of page numbers in the biology text is the same. Maybe they just corrected some errors?

I have the 6th edition and I"m going to use that for MCAT this summer.

Hey,

I had the same question and I eventually decided to go for teh 7th edition mainly because the 6th editions were going for around 80 bucks including shipping on ebay when I was searching for them and the 7th ed was like 110 on Amazon for a new set. Second, I figured that the 7th ed might have a better resale value, but in all honesty there isnt a big difference between 6th and 7th editions.

Would you recommend getting the EK 7th ed. at retail price or do you think buying the 6th ed. cheaper off Ebay will prepare me just as well??

Thanks!

I was studying from the EK 5th edition because I had heard that the 6th didn't differ much from the 5th except for error corrections (which I had already fixed thanks to the EK error database) and from studying from the 5th edition my physical science and bio science scores were up in 13s/14s on AAMC Exams 7-10, so I thought 5th edition was adequate as well.

If the 5th edition was adequate, I can't imagine why the 6th wouldn't be fine as well. IMO, I'd go with what was cheaper.

Members don't see this ad :)
id like to make a point that may be quite valuable to all of you MCAT takers....don't write on the EK books you buy, you wont be able to on the real test anyway.....why?? because i was able to sell every single one of my EK books after i had taken the MCAT...the resale value should be factored into which book you purchase, 6th or 7th edition...just remember, you can EASILY sell these books at ebay or amazon when your finished...

I agree with booji about the high cost of the 6th ed. on ebay and the better resale value of the 7th. I've heard that the 7th edition has corrected the errors that existed in the 6th edition.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm just going to get the 7th ed. and plan on reselling them to make some bucks back.

I guess you already made your choice.

I was gonna suggest you buy whichever one was cheaper, they are gonna be so damn similar anyways. I have 6th, it was the best test prep I could find.

I used the 5th ed. to study for the upcoming May test. I compared to my friend who had the 6th ed. and they were almost exactly the same. Even the page numbers were the same. The content doesn't change. The questions don't change. The 7th ed. will have error corrections and some explanations about how the CBT version is administered (rather than the paper-based), but I would say save your money and get the cheaper version. You can still sell that one later.