is first aid enough for preparing ?

optha

15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2002
minnesota
    hi , i m a foreign medical graduate from india and am planning ot take step 1 this april . i have looked up review books and have gotthe first aid too . do u think by following the topics and guidelines in first aid i can manage a decent score?

optha

15+ Year Member
    Jan 21, 2002
    minnesota
      what r the other books apart from first aid then that one could follow . iam doing kaplans organ systems and b-chem from lippincot , microbiology and immunology from jawetz,lange publication . genetics from NMS and pathology from a saunders review.
      for the questions i will follow NMS review series .does snells neuroanatomy also have tobe read fully?

Mary the Med Student

10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Feb 3, 2001
      Boston, MA
      mindspring.com
        First Aid alone isn't enough. The High Yield books are pretty good for supplimental information. I also used the Pathology, Physiology and Biochemistry books from the NMS series, and some of the Underground Clinical Vignettes. First Aid doesn't put things in context, which I found annoying. I used the other books for context and filling in some of the gaps in First Aid.

Good luck.

-Mary

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.