Is four labs too many.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freakyp

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 4.0 and have handled my classes. My question is 4 three hour labs too many? I've had 2 labs a week, but 4 is a big jump. I think i can handle it. I'm just curious to see what you guys think.

Calc 3 4 hrs
Orgo 2 3 hrs
Orgo lab 3 hrs ( 2 3 hr labs)
Physics 2 4 hrs (1 3 hr lab)
Bio 2 4 hrs (1 3 hr lab)

18 total

I could defer one class until the summer if that would be better.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've done it. but my physics lab was a joke.

Take another lab if you want to get into med school.

dreamcrusher said:
lol :laugh:

I have four labs this semester - Bio, Orgo, Genetics, Comparative Anatomy. It isn't fun, but it's not that crazy either if you are a quick learner and good student. It seems that you are the best one to judge your own limits, and from what you wrote I think you are plenty capable and confident.

Did the same science classes, but the physics was the upper level for physics majors and I had a BME class as well for 22 units. A's in all.

It's totally doable as the premed reqs are not exactly the hardest classes in a science major. Also, in my experience, most of those labs were a joke: a lot of busy work and a lot of waisted time... whoever put up with the most BS got the A. For instance in orgo: "Today we are going to learn about fractional distillation. Make this product, distill for 3 hours, measure the MP for purity, then write a 5-10 page report on absolutely nothing."

By the way.. it completely jaded me and made me hate school....YMMV :laugh:

I took five last spring- Gen chem2, physics2, genetics, animal biology, and cell biology. Definately doable, definately a pain in the a$$.

dreamcrusher said:

you're a douche. no one is impressed by you. oooh, i never got lower than a 98 in orgo. Orgo really isn't that hard. Take the 4 labs, it will challenge you and that's what college is about. i'm sure you'll be fine.

you're a douche. no one is impressed by you. oooh, i never got lower than a 98 in orgo. Orgo really isn't that hard. Take the 4 labs, it will challenge you and that's what college is about. i'm sure you'll be fine.

Don't get mad at me because you aren't smart enough.

dreamcrusher said:
Don't get mad at me because you aren't smart enough.

smart enough? I just can't stand your arrogance. I've read your other posts and you haven't given any help to the op. However, that's your right. We simply have different views regarding posting. You're right, I concede to your superior intellect asswipe.

Will Hunting said:
smart enough? I just can't stand your arrogance. My 35 ACT and 1560 make me a *****. You're right, I concede to your superior intellect asswipe.

Jeez, take it easy. I'm sure that person wasn't meaning anything serious. And do you really have to spit out all those numbers to show everyone how wonderful you are. I'm not impressed.

Will Hunting said:
smart enough? I just can't stand your arrogance. My 35 ACT and 1560 make me a *****. You're right, I concede to your superior intellect asswipe.
Will, You're back! :) Now head to med-biz to catch up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starvin Marvin, take that avatar off because it's really turning me on.

LOL too easy....

Will Hunting said:

Isn't the SAT out of 2400 now?

SearsTower said:
Starvin Marvin, take that avatar off because it's really turning me on.

You wouldn't be if you saw the upper half... :p

little_late_MD said:
Isn't the SAT out of 2400 now?

yea, it would be a pretty crappy score with the current version.

SearsTower said:
should we be impressed, will?

no you shouldn't. it was only directed at one person. i should have just pmed him. I will next time. those numbers are certaintly not amazing, especially on this board.

the guy you responded to complaining about arrogance was obviously being extremely sarcastic and no one should've taken him seriously. now u, on the other hand were showing off ur numbers =p.

Rendar5 said:
the guy you responded to complaining about arrogance was obviously being extremely sarcastic and no one should've taken him seriously. now u, on the other hand were showing off ur numbers =p.

I thought that. However, i saw in a couple posts he posted and gave no help to the poster. Sorry, I had just woken up and gotten on SDN and wasn't in a good mood. I'm just tired of people giving no insight to the ops. If you're not going to give any advice just don't post.

Will Hunting said:
I thought that. However, i saw in a couple posts he posted and gave no help to the poster. Sorry, I had just woken up and gotten on SDN and wasn't in a good mood. I'm just tired of people giving no insight to the ops. If you're not going to give any advice just don't post.

Well, he prolly does what I like to do sometimes (rarely). come here and blow off some steam by laughing at pre-meds or getting them to believe ridiculous things :smuggrin:

Rendar5 said:
Well, he prolly does what I like to do sometimes (rarely). come here and blow off some steam by laughing at pre-meds or getting them to believe ridiculous things :smuggrin:

agreed. I pmed him we're cool. It's all in good fun, i've done the same thing before. i was just a little cranky. :smuggrin:

Will I offer you some potato chips.