deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rmsm123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
basically title. responsibilities are sitting at the front desk of the clinic and interviewing and screening patients. I would explain benefits and medical/residential eligibility requirements, and collect/input patient info and guide ineligible patients to other sources. I really want to do this position, most likely will do either way, but wanted to ask if this counts as a clinical experience?

Yes. You are face to face with patients. That meets my definition. See sig line.

Reactions: 3 users
basically title. responsibilities are sitting at the front desk of the clinic and interviewing and screening patients. I would explain benefits and medical/residential eligibility requirements, and collect/input patient info and guide ineligible patients to other sources. I really want to do this position, most likely will do either way, but wanted to ask if this counts as a clinical experience?
It would count but I think it would help you more to do something like a scribe or nurses aide. A job that has involvement with the doctors and other health care members will allow you to share your experiences on your application and will give you a better shot.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It would count but I think it would help you more to do something like a scribe or nurses aide. A job that has involvement with the doctors and other health care members will allow you to share your experiences on your application and will give you a better shot.

Apples and oranges.... comparing a volunteer gig to paid employment. It is certainly possible to be admitted with clinic front desk volunteering combined with 50-75 hours of shadowing to see what doctors do. Clinical employment as a scribe or patient care technician (nurses aide is a somewhat outdated term) is nice but hardly essential.

Reactions: 1 user
Apples and oranges.... comparing a volunteer gig to paid employment. It is certainly possible to be admitted with clinic front desk volunteering combined with 50-75 hours of shadowing to see what doctors do. Clinical employment as a scribe or patient care technician (nurses aide is a somewhat outdated term) is nice but hardly essential.
That's true I was thinking about it from the perspective that doing some of the orders that a doctor puts in could help when it came to showing in their application that they know what it means to be a physician.