Is Gen Chem 1 or Gen Chem 2 more heavily weighted on the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does the DAT emphasize more content from Gen Chem 1 or 2?

And what do they generally provide for that section? Do they provide all the formulas or do you have to remember them? Solubility rules? Polyatomic ions etc.?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Distribution of test question types can vary by test, so it's impossible to say which one you will see more of. They won't provide any formulas or rules, you will need to know them.

Distribution of test question types can vary by test, so it's impossible to say which one you will see more of. They won't provide any formulas or rules, you will need to know them.
Oh wow, that seems pretty difficult. So you need to basically memorize everything? They do atleast give you a periodic table right?

Oh wow, that seems pretty difficult. So you need to basically memorize everything? They do atleast give you a periodic table right?

They will give you a periodic table, but everything else should be memorized. There's less to memorize than you might think for general chemistry though, and most of it gets reinforced by doing regular practice problems.

They will give you a periodic table, but everything else should be memorized. There's less to memorize than you might think for general chemistry though, and most of it gets reinforced by doing regular practice problems.
That's true having gone through gen chem 1 so far I would say that I have most of the formulas memorized anyway. And even if I do forget some it can easily be derived through other means. The only thing is that chemistry in general requires so much memorization, like which compounds are soluble/insoluble, all the VSEPR and bond angles etc. plus the polyatomics and some acid-base stuff as well. And that is only with Gen Chem 1. I assume there will be a lot more to memorize with Gen Chem 2.