Is good teeth required to make it into dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McPharmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious about this. What if you have crooked teeth/moderate hygiene but have nice stats. Can you still to dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Of course not, during the interview we actually get a check-up. It's actually so schools can examine our teeth and make sure they are actually perfect.

How do you think anyone from the UK gets in? Haha, I kid, I kid. :)

I know dentists with mouths full of fillings. If you've got bad teeth, it likely was contributed to before you wanted to become a dentist, so yeah, don't worry. Just be sure to brush and floss NOW! hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
*Are good teeth...

and yes, they should look like this guy...:D

that's like saying if you're not perfectly healthy, you can't get into med

Bad teeth won't hurt you. But bad breath will kill you, well maybe the interviewer.

I am just curious about this. What if you have crooked teeth/moderate hygiene but have nice stats. Can you still to dental school?

are you serious.....

you think they'll look inside your mouth before handing over your acceptance letter?
:smack:

Yeah.....is this thread a joke? Its threads like this that make me question who will be sitting next to me in dental school.....

good teeth are good to getting into dental school. Just don't pick your nose during the interview. :idea: that's kept me out of dental school for 3 years.

Yeah.....is this thread a joke? Its threads like this that make me question who will be sitting next to me in dental school.....

Question...for the better? I'd rather sit next to someone with a sense of humor. :D

For the sake of everyone, I hope the OP is joking...but I wouldnt be shocked if he/she isnt...