Is hospital Greeter/Scanner, good experience for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pshere

Reaction score
I got a job at the #1 Hospital in NJ for Greeter/Scanner position. I'm responsible for checking visitors' temperatures and managing how many visitors go into a room etc. I was wondering if this is really good for med school applications because it's not really a direct patient contact job. I also, plan on getting becoming a certified medical assistant in the next year or two.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a job at the #1 Hospital in NJ for Greeter/Scanner position. I'm responsible for checking visitors' temperatures and managing how many visitors go into a room etc. I was wondering if this is really good for med school applications because it's not really a direct patient contact job. I also, plan on getting becoming a certified medical assistant in the next year or two.
With the current pandemic, having any job that offers some clinical experience is a huge blessing. You will be one of the first faces that patients and visitors see, and you will have the opportunity to help navigate those who are unfamiliar with the hospital system.

Based on your other thread about poor academic performance, I would be careful to not overwhelm yourself with ECs while you are just starting to recover academically. Best of luck.

Reactions: 7 users