1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

is HUMAN BIOLOGY recommended course??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by wkawk2416, Apr 10, 2007.

1. wkawk2416

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    just wondering,, i am a rising junior but don't know what to take..

i almost complete with my required courses..and looking for other courses

to take..

don't know exactly but i heard some professors saying it is one of those recommended course.. so help me out here..

also other question.. it seems that human biology is pretty basic level class but is it okay to take in junior year? please help!!!:D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dauber

Dauber Big Baby Jesus
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yes & yes

4. dmd2011

dmd2011 Random Hero
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    at my school human bio is a class for non biology majors. you should see if your school has an upper level anatomy class, that would probably look better.

5. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show
    Physician Dentist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Most dentists don't work with humans, especially not DMDs so you'd probably be better off with Plant Physiology or the like

6. PennPB

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    actually, plant taxanomy was the sh!t.

but to be on topic, no, there is no need to take human bio. All that you'll need to know about human bio, will not be covered sufficiently in one undergrad semester. you're better off taking comparative animal anatomy and comparative physiology. why you might ask ? simple. the only thing you'll take (or even remember) from these undergrad courses are a foundation to better understand the coursework offered in d-school. in this situation, learning about shunting, the croc heart, boundary layers, embryologic development, anatomic homology, and etc across the species is far more valuable for an expansive conceptual framework.