Is Infectious diseases a good class to take? Proving to adcoms that I can handle Bio. coursework!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluepeach9

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reading and understanding articles will help a good bit for the MCAT.
A high level course doesn't necessarily mean that it consists of a lot of course work or studying. It all depends on the professor. IMO, i'd rather take Infectious Diseases over Abnormal Psychology.

Last edited:
Is it listed as 2k,3k, or 4k class? Make sure it's in the biology section of your university or else it may not count. Specifically for the MCAT, I think reading comprehension from the psych class will benefit you more. However, if infectious disease touches on cell biology at the beginning and it's your weak point, you may consider taking it. There won't be straight up infectious disease passages on the MCAT, but you can bet there will be some sort of cell biology questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Adcoms will not be evaluating the course-by-course difficulty of your degree. Take it if you're interested in it, if it's not a pre-req no one else cares.

Reactions: 1 user
Stop making every decision based on "What will admissions committees think?" Admissions committees think they are sick of people checking boxes and trying to guess what they think. Do what you like to do and do it well.

Reactions: 1 users
Adcoms will not be evaluating the course-by-course difficulty of your degree. Take it if you're interested in it, if it's not a pre-req no one else cares.

Stop making every decision based on "What will admissions committees think?" Admissions committees think they are sick of people checking boxes and trying to guess what they think. Do what you like to do and do it well.

This.

The only time the exact class you take will be relevant (outside of GPA calculation) is possibly during an interview if you or they choose to bring it up.