Is Integrative Vignettes Qbank really necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icefan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
thanks for your replies, y'all are awesome :)

So I'm going to sign up for the "regular" Qbank, but I notice that there's also the IV-Qbank/Qbank combo (non-overlapping Qs). In this forum, I've seen a lot of "Qbank doesn't simulate Step 1's 'style' enough to be good practice" (or that's what I've understood).

So I'm wondering: should I get the combo "IV-regular" Qbank? Has anyone used IV Qbank-- does it make for better prep, or is it just something they're trying to sell to neurotic med students like me? ;)

Wishing you high scores!

Members don't see this ad.

IV is fine to use during coursework, for practice exam questions. Style is not realistic/useful for Step 1.

Kaplan showed up at school in the fall and scared us all into buying QBank. But they also offered a significant discount on it. If you are a pre-MSII, I would wait for the deal; don't pay full price.

The IV questions are very good for COMLEX in case there are any DO's out there wondering. They simulate the case based questions on the real deal very nicely.