Is it a bad idea to call Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jint83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After submitting secondary, I heard that it takes at least a month for Columbia to complete your application. It's been more than a month but under 2 month, would calling or emailing the admission office annoy the staff?

Members don't see this ad.

After submitting secondary, I heard that it takes at least a month for Columbia to complete your application. It's been more than a month but under 2 month, would calling or emailing the admission office annoy the staff?

Have you been following the secondary thread? See if people have been marked complete after the date you submitted. If so, call.

When I first read the title I thought of the country not the school. My response was:
"I don't know, how's your long distance plan?" :laugh:

It took a month at the very beginning of the cycle. They're probably back-swamped with apps. So don't worry too much.