Is it a bad idea to take both Organic Chemistry labs at once?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already taken both Organic Chemistry lectures, but still have to take the labs. Will it be a problem to take both labs at the same time, or will I be behind in the second semester lab?

Members don't see this ad.

it won't be a problem if you can handle that many hours of lab. If you're also taking physics lab (or any other lab), I'd try to separate the ochem labs into different quarters if possible. I just think you might be putting too much into lab hours and it might affect how you do in classes cuz of the time you're spending in lab and not studying. But if that's not a prob, it should be ok cuz you don't really need the first lab to do well in the second lab -- the techniques are easy to pick up.

Thanks for your help. I was worried about whether I'd be behind on the techniques. I will also be taking a physics lab and biochemistry class, but I'm only going to school part time at the university and taking an EMT class at a community college. So I don't think it will take away from my studying since I won't have a lot of tests, just lab reports.

I wanted to do the same thing but was talked out of it by the lab director. In hindsight, it would have been a big mistake for me taking them together. Very stressful, maybe not impossible.....