Is it a crazy idea to take a Full Length everyday M-F two weeks before exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jems

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read great advice from many of you who emphasize the importance of practice, practice, practice.

I have only taken two full lengths so far and I am approaching the last two weeks before the big day.

How often would you recommend taking Full Lengths up until the day of the exam? Have any of you taken it more than three times per week? I dont want to get burned out before the test but I do want to squeeze in as much practice as I can while I still have time.

Members don't see this ad.

How often would you recommend taking Full Lengths up until the day of the exam? Have any of you taken it more than three times per week?

Taking one everyday for 2 weeks will most likely burn you out, but it totally depends on your own personal stamina. I took one test every other day for about a month before my exam and I was still able to keep it up and focus. You do want to fit in as much as possible, but you definitely don't want to burn out. My worst practice scores happened when I tried doing 4 tests in 4 days.

Hope this helps!

TO the OP.. I think REVIEW is as much important as taking the exam.. so if you think you can take an exam a day and still find time to review... go for it.. and by review, I mean a thorough scrutiny of each and every answer that you got wrong or you were unsure about (you can develop your method of marking these - maybe when you are taking the test, if there is a question where you are not so sure about the answer, you could mark it and move on and then come back during review)... some people on SDN even recommend that you review the right answers that you got -

One every other day sounds more do-able than 1 every day. I may try that next week and see how it goes. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Practice is important, but it shouldn't come at the cost of burnout or reviewing. Remember that thoroughly reviewing your practice problems is more important than taking them and should take you about 2-3 times longer than the problems themselves.

I agree with everyone above. If you can get yourself going and really get yourself to do it then I think it would be a great idea for you. It has worked for many people before. HOWEVER, you should know your limitations and know if it will cause you to burnout. Also, this is assuming that your review the tests completely. Some people take longer to review tests than others so it just all depends on you. It's a good idea to test it out for a half week or a whole week and see how you feel after that.

Hope this helps,

-LIS

I have taken 9 TPR and 6 AAMC Diags in the last 16 days. I take it in the morning and review at night.

I wanted to finish them all before I take my test on the 14th.

TO the OP.. I think REVIEW is as much important as taking the exam.. so if you think you can take an exam a day and still find time to review... go for it.. and by review, I mean a thorough scrutiny of each and every answer that you got wrong or you were unsure about (you can develop your method of marking these - maybe when you are taking the test, if there is a question where you are not so sure about the answer, you could mark it and move on and then come back during review)... some people on SDN even recommend that you review the right answers that you got -

if not more important. agreed.

I have taken 9 TPR and 6 AAMC Diags in the last 16 days. I take it in the morning and review at night.

I wanted to finish them all before I take my test on the 14th.

That is basically what I am doing every day...

MCAT right of the bat in the morning....lunch....review until dinner....watch TV for an hour...go for run.....do an EK verbal test...and some scienceworkbook stuff before sleep.

I am done the first 7 TPR tests. I should be done all the tests by the 16th and my MCAT is on the 21st.

I feel that my TV break and 5k run really clear my head each night. I don't feel like I am wearing out at all.

Practice is important, but it shouldn't come at the cost of burnout or reviewing. Remember that thoroughly reviewing your practice problems is more important than taking them and should take you about 2-3 times longer than the problems themselves.

by reviewing, do you guys mean reviewing the problems on the practice tests (ones you got correct & incorrect)? or does this mean looking through the review books/problems? or both....

i have read great advice from many of you who emphasize the importance of practice, practice, practice.

I have only taken two full lengths so far and i am approaching the last two weeks before the big day.

How often would you recommend taking full lengths up until the day of the exam? Have any of you taken it more than three times per week? I dont want to get burned out before the test but i do want to squeeze in as much practice as i can while i still have time.

yes.