Is it a faux pas (spelled right?) to submit secondary w/o official invite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alex1803

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the EVMS application is available but I haven't been officially invited to submit it. Is it inappropriate to send it in early?

Members don't see this ad.

braluk said:
no, it screens (from what I believe)

Yeh, but since it screens, wouldn't be more appropriate to wait for the invite? I am waiting to hear from them as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont submit secondaries unless invited to. You can work on them. If the school doesn't have an official file set up on you they will toss the secondary when it comes in.

JonnyG said:
Dont submit secondaries unless invited to. You can work on them. If the school doesn't have an official file set up on you they will toss the secondary when it comes in.
Depends on the school. If they screen then wait for invitation. If they do not and application already available on-line I would submit it unless they say on-line that they will toss applications without invitations. The faster you submit everything the faster your file will be complete and you will be closer to getting an interview.
Plus, if they cash your check you will know that they have received it.
Good luck!

"Supplemental Application

Please do not submit the Supplemental Application to the Office of Admissions until you have been requested to do so."

TwinkleToes said:
"Supplemental Application

Please do not submit the Supplemental Application to the Office of Admissions until you have been requested to do so."

Yeah, you don't submit a secondary unless invited to do so. That's the whole reason behind the AMCAS primary application. Would you show up for an interview you weren't invited for?

depends on school.

here is creighton
"You can submit your secondary application once you have been verified, not before. You do not need to wait for an invitation to apply, you just need to be verified.

Thank you for your interest in Creighton School of Medicine."

and i called suny downstate. they said it was okay to submit before verification and formal invitation. who doesnt want a nice check in the mail?