Is it a good idea to e-mail Med Schools on..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supergumbo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got rejected from several med schools. I know my MCAT and gpa were pretty mediocre bit I would like know if there was any other part of my application that really turned them off. Would it be a good idea to email the med schools as to why?

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much all med school applicants will get rejected from a number of schools, so that by itself doesn't mean your application sucked. The process is highly competitive.

If you have interviews at some other schools, I would totally focus on that right now, and not on the schools that rejected you.

However, I see nothing wrong with asking for input about your application. Some schools may not be willing to respond this time of year, as they are busy interviewing applicants, etc. They may be more responsive if you ask them in a couple of months.

You will probably get little info right now. Schools will be busy trying to process other applications. Try contacting them around April or May.

If you post all your relevant stats, including the schools to which you applied, you can probably get some good input right here.