Is it a good idea to start with quicksheet then go into detail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thentl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the Kaplan 7 book set and will be doing examkrackers classes soon. I have all summer and winter break to study before taking the exam in January, and first semester to review (though I want to focus on classes).

For just content - Would it be smart to first memorize all the definitions and stuff on the quicksheet inside and out, THEN go into the books for detail and practice?

It's all review except for biochem and physics, for which i'll have the classes next semester before taking the mcat. For those I'll prob start with the book so I don't just memorize without understanding

Members don't see this ad.

Typically, I don't recommend what I call "blind memorization" (i.e. memorizing things without going over context/how to use equations and concepts). But ultimately this depends on your level of recall of the context/applicability of equations. For example, do you remember how to use F=ma? If not, then it's not worth spending time memorizing it as an equation. If yes, then this strategy might help.

Reactions: 1 user
Typically, I don't recommend what I call "blind memorization" (i.e. memorizing things without going over context/how to use equations and concepts). But ultimately this depends on your level of recall of the context/applicability of equations. For example, do you remember how to use F=ma? If not, then it's not worth spending time memorizing it as an equation. If yes, then this strategy might help.

"Blind memorization" is helpful in psych/soc, amino acids if you dont already know them--abbreviations,names,all pictures etc, some quick and easy chemistry equations and orgo concepts, and physics equations. Of course, always do questions of these intermittently to reinforce what you've learned.

I suggest active learning for everything else

Edit: bio definitions too of course, and simple rules.

Edit edit: amino acids will get you a few questions correct, minimally

Reactions: 1 user