• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

rashy

Aug 31, 2011
Status (Visible)
Hi guys,

Since I am an IMG and I don't want to travel to the US twice for Step 2 and 3, I wanted to know if someone could clarify a few things:

1. To what extent are Step 2 and 3 different or similar? Is it basically the same stuff (i.e. need same books) or do they differ a lot?

2. Is it advisable to take Step 2 (CK and CS) and 3 within 1-2 weeks from each other? (For someone who wants and has the time to crush both?)

OveractiveBrain

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 15, 2009
Dirty Dirt
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Yep. I studied for Step 3 by reading my Step 2 notes, doing 2 weeks of Uworld Step 3, and it was all done in my first month of intern year. I certainly didn't learn anything between Step 2 and Step 3, other than how many tequila shots to the center of my duodenum, and I went from 250s Step II to 230s Step III.

Literally, the only thing I did on top of Step 2 was do Step 3 Uworld. Its feasable. But only if you have a strong foundation and are going to cock stomp Step 2, otherwise, its risky.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.