Is it an issue if all my LORS are from soph and junior year but none from senior year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arory

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated already but this is my current situation. Will it pose an issue to not have letters from senior year?

My strongest letters would be from profs from soph/jr year.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt anyone would both to check as long as the letters themselves are up to date

It's more concerning that none of your writers seem to be from continuous activities. I mean, usually you have several academic letters and some non-academic letters from your ECs (PI from research, volunteer supervisor, etc.). If you have been continuing your ECs through senior year, shouldn't you have more recent LORs from those activities?

Reactions: 1 user
It's more concerning that none of your writers seem to be from continuous activities. I mean, usually you have several academic letters and some non-academic letters from your ECs (PI from research, volunteer supervisor, etc.). If you have been continuing your ECs through senior year, shouldn't you have more recent LORs from those activities?
This. Still hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

Some schools might want letters to be dated within one or two years of your application. Wayne State University, for example, requires at least one letter to have been written within 12 months of an application.

So even though they're professors from your earlier years, as long as they're dated recently, you should be good.

I'd only worry if you take gap years. I took 3 years so some of my original letters were a bit dated, but my committee letter was not (completed a month before I applied) and had another LOR from my boss.