is it an okay thing to do to call admissions staff to ask questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audigq

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
not stuff like if they got my stuff but more like does it look bad if i do X and should i do Y

Members don't see this ad.

You probably shouldn't call the school about that sort of stuff. I would try asking on here, perhaps in the school-specific forum, if your question is specific for a particular school

Email them. I have actually had two admissions people from two different schools tell me to always get info directly from the source. (them)
One actually told me to stay away from SDN, and that they frown upon the forum as a whole.... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
not stuff like if they got my stuff but more like does it look bad if i do X and should i do Y

If it's general questions, try doing a search around SDN. If you can't find anything, ask us with a new thread.

If it's a school specific question, then call them anonymously. They don't have to know who you are and you don't have to tell them.

Email them. I have actually had two admissions people from two different schools tell me to always get info directly from the source. (them)
One actually told me to stay away from SDN, and that they frown upon the forum as a whole.... :(

Also heard this from an associate dean of admissions at a med school info session. Feels like that's their way of saying:

Don't hate the players, hate the game. But the players hate being figured out.:nono:

Most schools don't like SDN. However, that's probably based on spending a couple of minutes here, seeing nothing other than the garbage that typically covers the front page, and making a snap judgment about it. It's a great resource once you look past the superficial layer of filth. I would also agree that they're probably not too thrilled about a lot of information about the process being shared. Some schools adopt a real attitude of transparency, but many don't, and I think they prefer to keep it that way.

(sent from my phone)

IF IN DOUBT, LEAVE YOUR NAME OUT. Just don't over do it or they might stop answering the phone for any of us.

What they PREFER is for you to first check their website, then send an email if you still have questions, and lastly call if all else fails. (What a time drain.)

Be concise!!!!!