Is it appropriate to ask potential job site to speak with current psychologists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreudianSlippers

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I was recently offered a position at a behavioral health clinic, but I have some concerns. Would it look bad to ask the clinical director if I can have contact info of the current psychologists working there?

FreudianSlippers

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is wholly appropriate. I'm surprised they didn't have you talk with potential coworkers during the interview stage already.

Thanks! Yeah agreed...maybe everything being on Zoom has gotten in the way. At the end of the interview the director didn't even really offer time for questions, I had to awkwardly say "umm..I have a few questions if that's okay" lol

D

deleted343839

I was recently offered a position at a behavioral health clinic, but I have some concerns. Would it look bad to ask the clinical director if I can have contact info of the current psychologists working there?

Not at all. It would raise a big red flag if the clinic director did anything that made it difficult for you to speak with current staff.

Reactions: 3 users

FreudianSlippers

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not at all. It would raise a big red flag if the clinic director did anything that made it difficult for you to speak with current staff.

Thanks MamaPhD! They actually responded quickly and put me in touch with 3 of their staff! I reached out and they were all really responsive...so maybe that's a good sign

Reactions: 3 users