Is it bad if I take my English pre-reqs as S/NC grading basis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teobeo94

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take the two English requirements and get Satisfactory because English is not really my strong point. However, I will only do this if I am sure it won't affect my future application. May I ask if the S/NC grading basis has a negative affect for pharmacy schools? (especially since English is part of the pre-reqs)

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to take the two English requirements and get Satisfactory because English is not really my strong point. However, I will only do this if I am sure it won't affect my future application. May I ask if the S/NC grading basis has a negative affect for pharmacy schools? (especially since English is part of the pre-reqs)

most schools only accept traditional graded classes (ABCDF) so I would call up your schools and check.

I would stick with getting a letter grade to avoid future problems. Honestly, it is not going to be weighed as heavily as your science and math prereqs, so as long as you get C or above that should be good for most schools. And you need to acquire enough comfortability with writing for the short essay portion of interviews.

In your english courses, you will mostly be graded on term papers...so use a lot of resources to do well--your school probably has a writing center or english tutors that can help you with the structure of your essay. If you put in the time and communicate with the professor, I think you can surprise yourself and do well. Good luck. :)