Is it bad that I still haven't submitted my PharmCAS app yet???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FluffyDreams

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to apply to pharmacy schools right when this semester started, so I had a late start than everybody else, I think. If I got in, I would be doing 2+4. Just finished my personal statement today (plz let me know if you would like to proofread it), and everything's good to go except I'm still not sure which schools to apply LOL. that's cuz my top choice is UMD-Baltimore and, to be honest, I'm not really interested in other places. My question is though, do you have less chance of getting in if you submit your app late? I'm going to try to submit by Nov. 1 since that's earliest deadline for the schools I have in mind.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it is a bad thing. My letters of recommendation are still being written and my essay is finished. I might not make the Nov. 1 deadline for USC though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, this is late. PharmCAS will take at least 2 weeks to calculate your GPA and check for missing materials before they send out your application. You are cutting it really close as it is for the Nov. 1st deadline. If I were you, I'd submit my pharmCAS application tomorrow and pray that I get a supplemental soon.

Yes, this is late. PharmCAS will take at least 2 weeks to calculate your GPA and check for missing materials before they send out your application. You are cutting it really close as it is for the Nov. 1st deadline. If I were you, I'd submit my pharmCAS application tomorrow and pray that I get a supplemental soon.

This.

By this time last year, I was already done with ALL my interviews and had all my acceptances in hand.

I wouldn't be too worried. Although I submitted my PharmCAS almost 3 weeks ago and they haven't calculated my GPA yet, so there must be quite the back log...which is to be expected this time of the year. I would think that those people who already have an acceptance letter before the end of the first regular deadline are the exception to the rule, so don't let that frighten you too much. Just get everything submitted sooner than later though as it can only help.

Since I am planning to apply maybe next year when is a good time to start applying and getting everything together?

I submitted my PharmCAS on the last possible day last year, still got into USC, so I wouldn't worry. If I could do it over again I wouldn't have waited so long, but I was studying abroad and couldn't really get things done until I got home.

I submitted my PharmCAS on the last possible day last year, still got into USC, so I wouldn't worry. If I could do it over again I wouldn't have waited so long, but I was studying abroad and couldn't really get things done until I got home.

Were your stats above average? PCAT Composite > 85?

Were your stats above average? PCAT Composite > 85?

I would say that my stats are below average. My GPA was 3.3 and I didn't take the PCAT since I only wanted to go to school in California...

Take the PCAT, widen your schools to apply to!

you're fine. last year i submitted mine last minute too and I got plenty of acceptances later on. Just make sure those essays are the best that you can give.