Is it "bad" to label yourself as an introvert during an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youraverageasia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If the interviewer asked you do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert, would it hurt your chances to label yourself as an introvert?

Members don't see this ad.

Look up what introverted means, I believe that you do not know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i don't think the answer really matters as they'll literally be able to see how you interact during the interview that they're currently conducting. Even if you say "haha man I'm shy and introverted" and you crush the interview what will the end result be? I doubt they faculty will say, man great interviewing skills but they said they were shy; might have to score them low on the interactions portion.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can't ruin an interview because you are categorized as either an extrovert or an introvert. However, the way you deliver that answer and how you behave throughout your interview will have the impact.

Reactions: 1 user
Being an introvert is not bad. As long as you don't say something like "I am an introvert, and hate interacting with people" lol

Reactions: 1 users
I was asked at one of my interviews in other words if I was an extrovert or introvert. I started saying well I can play many roles... My interviewer cut me off and said just tell me the truth. I looked at her and said I am introverted. She smiled and said I knew it. I ended up getting accepted on Dec. 1st to that school.

Reactions: 1 users
I was asked at one of my interviews in other words if I was an extrovert or introvert. I started saying well I can play many roles... My interviewer cut me off and said just tell me the truth. I looked at her and said I am introverted. She smiled and said I knew it. I ended up getting accepted on Dec. 1st to that school.
always tell the truth, there's nothing wrong with being a introvert. Many great leaders have been introverts.