Is it bad to take an "easy load" 1 quarter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

az345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a senior physiology major with a 3.9 at a UC school. I took both summer sessions this past summer while doing a medical internship and research. Got a 4.0 both sessions. Im considering only taking 1 upper div science course this quarter because I sort of wanted a break from the jam packed summer.

I will be taking 2-3 upper divs in the winter and in spring so that I can graduate by spring 2016. Will this look bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. You will be auto-rejected if you have even one semester with less than 18 units. Don't forget that while you are taking a break, some other pre-med is taking 20 units, doing cancer research, feeding orphans, and working full time.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. You will be auto-rejected if you have even one semester with less than 18 units. Don't forget that while you are taking a break, some other pre-med is taking 20 units, doing cancer research, feeding orphans, and working full time.

jesus you'd think people would get tired of the cliche played out excessively sarcastic replies. i swear it happens every fkin thread

"guys how many hours should I shadow"
"YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYWHERE UNLESS YOU SHADOW 50 DIFFERENT DOCS 100 HOURS EACH LMAOOOO. RELAX, WOW PREMEDS ARE SO NEUROTIC"
^50 people like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
jesus you'd think people would get tired of the cliche played out excessively sarcastic replies. i swear it happens every fkin thread

"YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYWHERE UNLESS YOU SHADOW 50 DIFFERENT DOCS 100 HOURS EACH LMAOOOO. RELAX"
^50 people like this.

Welcome to SDN.

"YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYWHERE UNLESS YOU SHADOW 50 DIFFERENT DOCS 100 HOURS EACH LMAOOOO. RELAX"
^50 people like this.
Whatever man, you're just jealous of all my likes.

I don't know what's more cliche on SDN, the sarcastic responses or the people who hate the sarcasm and get pissed :rofl:

Alright I'll chill out lmao. Sorry it's just I'm worried they might look at my schedule and think it's too "light"

Reactions: 1 user
Whatever man, you're just jealous of all my likes.

I don't know what's more cliche on SDN, the sarcastic responses or the people who hate the sarcasm and get pissed :rofl:

don't act snide/witty, i'm the only one who has ever called anyone out on it ever.

don't act snide/witty, i'm the only one who has ever called anyone out on it ever.
Care to make a funny original joke? I'm listening :corny:

Last edited:
Alright I'll chill out lmao. Sorry it's just I'm worried they might look at my schedule and think it's too "light"

They don't look at your schedule in the detail that pre-meds think.

That might look at some general trends and what not, but they aren't breaking down every semester in that way.

Lmao chill dude. You are taking the Internet way too seriously:)

I'm currently a senior physiology major with a 3.9 at a UC school. I took both summer sessions this past summer while doing a medical internship and research. Got a 4.0 both sessions. Im considering only taking 1 upper div science course this quarter because I sort of wanted a break from the jam packed summer.

I will be taking 2-3 upper divs in the winter and in spring so that I can graduate by spring 2016. Will this look bad?

lawschool12.gif