Is it better to do USMLE World twice or USMLE world once and another qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmedstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing USMLE World once based on what I studied. And during my review days, doing UWorld randomized.

Is that a good idea or should I do UWorld once and then do Rx or Kaplan QBank?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd do UW twice, no doubt about it. UW three times or a new bank? That's a bit tougher, but I still think I'd do UW again, maybe with a few banks from another source just to chart my progress.

I was actually wondering about the same thing and wanna see what you guys think.
There was this guy who came to our school to talk about step 1 prep and he only used UW and he did it 3 times!! and he got 265

What do you guys think?

I was actually wondering about the same thing and wanna see what you guys think.
There was this guy who came to our school to talk about step 1 prep and he only used UW and he did it 3 times!! and he got 265

What do you guys think?

if you're a great test-taker and you memorize all the explanations in World I'm sure anything is possible..

I finished USMLE World today (first time through) and I'm gonna go through it once more during the two weeks before I take boards. I think the reinforcement I'll get from redoing all the old questions and reading the explanations will be more valuable than doing 2000 new questions from another QBank. Plus I'm broke..

It's a great resource but I think most people do better getting info from multiple (high quality) sources. You can probably find most of UWorld in Goljan and FA, but using all three is going to give you a better perspective and a deeper understanding of the topics than using any of the three by themselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really don't know about this actually, and I've wondered the same thing and done searches for it on here and stuff. The consensus on sdn seems to be UWorld twice, but I just find it kind of hard to believe. I mean you'll remember the answers to at least some of the questions you've done before so you lose that aspect of missing a question and then being like **** better study that. Also I kind of like USMLERx b/c it is kind of like going through FA again but with questions to quiz yourself. Its definitely easier though and the explanations are shorter. That makes it easier to get through though. Who really knows. A lot of people have asked this question and I think its a matter of opinion, but more people seem to have the opinion that World x2 is better for whatever that is worth.

ha didn't realize they put an asterix over stuff like that but I was trying to say **** for the record