Is it burnout?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CardiacArrest

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished AAMC10, and scored 9/8/9 for a total of 26.
This is my lowest score and I'm wondering if it's because of burnout. I'm taking my MCAT on the 17th and I simply can't void due to applications.

My score range has been b/t 28-32. Is it burnout? What can I do in the next few days to ensure I top 30??
And what about the verbal for aamc10, ridiculous compared to the actual?

HELP.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the agreement is that most, if not all of the AAMC practice tests are easier than the real thing, but curved more harshly. I would imagine that it means that a few careless errors cost you more than they might on the real thing. The only thing to prevent careless errors is a clear and relaxed mind, so try to focus on your going over your errors rather than the predictive ability of this one test. Good luck! :D

curves on the real one are a bit better. So just relax and see what happens. Don't let the oh real MCAT might be harder scare you senseless. Chances are you have finished passages a lot harder than the MCAT if you have worked on anything from the different test prep companies.

I just finished AAMC10, and scored 9/8/9 for a total of 26.
This is my lowest score and I'm wondering if it's because of burnout. I'm taking my MCAT on the 17th and I simply can't void due to applications.

My score range has been b/t 28-32. Is it burnout? What can I do in the next few days to ensure I top 30??
And what about the verbal for aamc10, ridiculous compared to the actual?

HELP.

Cardiacarrest: i am in the same boat. :S feeling nervous about thursday, since im not getting amazing scores...just want a 10 in each section! :(
I'm just not gonna let it get to me too much, write my last test tomorrow and hope for the best on thursday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep that's burntout!!...i had that last week took a day off and watched a movie...i know it's not the time right now but i would say just chill and try to relax mcat is on thursday good luck!! Pull your faith together...you have worked hard i'm sure it will turn out well...that is how i look myself...i'm also taking it on june 17th...good luck!

I think I totally burned out before the real thing, pushed too hard. Fight the urge to do anything but light review for short periods tomorrow. Do whatever you find most relaxing. Movies, exercise, etc..