Is it considered past early application...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cokonut8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS 7/31, but due to some problems with transcripts my application was not ready for review until yesterday, 8/3. Is my application considered to be past the early applications time? I already submitted my secondary and two of my LOR's to Cincinnati, which is one of my top choices. Will I still be a part of the later pool of applicants since my AMCAS was not active until August?

Members don't see this ad.

there's been like 5,000 threads on this topic. maybe try a search. someone invented a 1-10 scale with an equation and stuff. it was just the other day... :luck:

well, i guess i just wanted to know if my application would be considered submitted when i sent it 7/31 or when it was actually active and 'ready for review' on 8/3. I'm curious since 8/1 is considered the last date for early applications. I hope i'm not past the early applications group

Members don't see this ad :)
cokonut8 said:
well, i guess i just wanted to know if my application would be considered submitted when i sent it 7/31 or when it was actually active and 'ready for review' on 8/3. I'm curious since 8/1 is considered the last date for early applications. I hope i'm not past the early applications group

sorry to break it to ya but i dont think the submit date matters at ALL (besides the schools that send out secondaries prior to verification). What really matters is the date you're verified (bout 4-6 weeks after u submit) and when ur entire application (including secondaries and LOR) are received.

you are no longer considered very early since some schools are already handing out interview invites but you certainly are not late..

cokonut8 said:

are you talking about early decision? i think you're confused.

no, not early decision. I just meant if submitting in August would still be considered applying early.

think about it this way
the deadline for early decision was only 3 days ago, how is it that ur regular is late if u handed it in tomorrow?

cokonut8 said:
no, not early decision. I just meant if submitting in August would still be considered applying early.

but you talked about a deadline for "applying early".

there is no specific deadline for applying early. there is a deadline for early decision.