Jun 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey

I was set on re-taking the MCAT after my first crack in April

In April I got:

VR: 9 PS: 10 BS: 10 WS: M
Overall : 29M

THis time around, I've studied MUCH more. I know the material well. I've taken AAMC 3-7 so far and I am not scoring any better. In fact, in some cases, I'm scoring lower but mostly around the same. Maybe I got lucky the first time?

I wanted some advice on whether its worth it to retake in August. Currently I'm sitting on a 3.8 GPA and a Canadian citizen looking to apply to private US schools and Canadian schools after next year

I don't know if a 32N or a 31P will make THAT much of a difference to take the risk of getting lower than what I previously got.

Advice is appreicated

todds

BigRedPremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Back in April, were you scoring much higher on practice tests? Something must've made you decide that you could score higher than a 29.

Anyway, in your current situation, I would retake, especially after having done all of the studying already. But that's just me.

TakoCA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2005
Status
I've got a question related to this (sorry for piggybacking your thread): I heard that if you retake the August MCAT and are an applicant for this cycle, that medical schools won't even look at your application until your scores are released in October? How big of a disadvantage would that be?

About the Ads