1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

is it even worth re-taking?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by todds, Aug 6, 2006.

1. todds

todds Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey

I was set on re-taking the MCAT after my first crack in April

In April I got:

VR: 9 PS: 10 BS: 10 WS: M
    Overall : 29M

THis time around, I've studied MUCH more. I know the material well. I've taken AAMC 3-7 so far and I am not scoring any better. In fact, in some cases, I'm scoring lower but mostly around the same. Maybe I got lucky the first time?

I wanted some advice on whether its worth it to retake in August. Currently I'm sitting on a 3.8 GPA and a Canadian citizen looking to apply to private US schools and Canadian schools after next year

I don't know if a 32N or a 31P will make THAT much of a difference to take the risk of getting lower than what I previously got.

Advice is appreicated

todds

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BigRedPremed

BigRedPremed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Back in April, were you scoring much higher on practice tests? Something must've made you decide that you could score higher than a 29.

Anyway, in your current situation, I would retake, especially after having done all of the studying already. But that's just me.

4. TakoCA

TakoCA Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I've got a question related to this (sorry for piggybacking your thread): I heard that if you retake the August MCAT and are an applicant for this cycle, that medical schools won't even look at your application until your scores are released in October? How big of a disadvantage would that be?