Is it feasible to mature all of Zanki Step 2 in the second half of 3rd year?

confusedpremed12345

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm a 3rd-year med student. I am halfway through my clerkships (done with 4 out of 8) and I used Anki for all my clerkships so far in 3rd year except for IM (crazy I know, but there were just too many cards and I got overwhelmed and threw out the whole thing). I want to get back into using it and also review cards from old blocks in preparation for Step 2. Is it feasible for me to mature the full Step 2 deck in the second half of the year?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all! I'm a 3rd-year med student. I am halfway through my clerkships (done with 4 out of 8) and I used Anki for all my clerkships so far in 3rd year except for IM (crazy I know, but there were just too many cards and I got overwhelmed and threw out the whole thing). I want to get back into using it and also review cards from old blocks in preparation for Step 2. Is it feasible for me to mature the full Step 2 deck in the second half of the year?
How many cards is it? If it’s <10k I would say yes you could do it. I matured about 15k cards in 6 months when studying for step 1, but doing it while on rotations would be tough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds really hard with rotations going on, and you'd get burned out quickly. Best bet is try just Zanki Step 2 deck, not Dorian. Dorian is too big and better for wards/pimping. Whereas Zanki step 2 is UW based, and UW is golden for step 2 (moreso than it was for step 1 even)

Sounds really hard with rotations going on, and you'd get burned out quickly. Best bet is try just Zanki Step 2 deck, not Dorian. Dorian is too big and better for wards/pimping. Whereas Zanki step 2 is UW based, and UW is golden for step 2 (moreso than it was for step 1 even)
Is the Anking deck the Dorian one?

It has both Dorian and Zanki step 2 in there. So yeah A LOT of cards. Dorian is like 10k and Zanki is like 6k.
Ohh ok that explains it. I'll try your suggestion. 6K cards seems a lot more reasonable. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user