Is it harder for Canadians to get into US DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Walia14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title states, Is it harder for Canadians to get into US DO schools? I am currently still an undergrad at a Canadian university and was wondering if DO schools are even a realistic option for Canadians.

Note: I'm not a US citizen.

Members don't see this ad.

Obviously, yes. It's not impossible though. Being a first year means you should work hard for a canadian school.

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

obviously, yes. It's not impossible though. Being a first year means you should work hard for a canadian school.

Sent from my sch-r910 using tapatalk

+1

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously, yes. It's not impossible though. Being a first year means you should work hard for a canadian school.

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Alot easier said than done.

What GPA and MCAT score would make you have a good chance of getting into a US DO school?

As the title states, Is it harder for Canadians to get into US DO schools? I am currently still an undergrad at a Canadian university and was wondering if DO schools are even a realistic option for Canadians.

Note: I'm not a US citizen.

Hard but not impossible. It's analogous to us trying to get into your medical schools. That said, there are a couple canadians in my class.

Its slightly harder only cuz u are limited to certain schools that give equal chances to CDNs.

But it's LOT easier than getting into CDNS schools. I was surprised with how many ppl were saying low 30 on mcat is a good score while CDNS med students were smirking at any score under 35.
Many UToronto med students told me not to waste time and money on application cuz my gpa was under 3.8. So I never applied to CDN school.

Does this make me an incompetant doctor in the future? I doubt it but we shall see :)

Alot easier said than done.

What GPA and MCAT score would make you have a good chance of getting into a US DO school?

Right, because it's easy to get into a US DO school as a Canadian. :thumbup:

Its slightly harder only cuz u are limited to certain schools that give equal chances to CDNs.

But it's LOT easier than getting into CDNS schools. I was surprised with how many ppl were saying low 30 on mcat is a good score while CDNS med students were smirking at any score under 35.
Many UToronto med students told me not to waste time and money on application cuz my gpa was under 3.8. So I never applied to CDN school.

Does this make me an incompetant doctor in the future? I doubt it but we shall see :)

Thank you

Right, because it's easy to get into a US DO school as a Canadian. :thumbup:

I wasn't trying to be offensive if it came out that way. The purpose of the thread was simply to see how much harder it would be compared to US citizens. Obviously it's possible, so saying that it isn't impossible is not very helpful for me.

Thank you

I wasn't trying to be offensive if it came out that way. The purpose of the thread was simply to see how much harder it would be compared to US citizens. Obviously it's possible, so saying that it isn't impossible is not very helpful for me.

There was a thread made by a Canadian asking about a visa. You may want to look into that to see what other difficulties you have if/when you do get into a US DO.