is it just me or are most of the people posting on here neurotic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nichols195

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are people really screwed if they havent interviewed by December? Every school I have applied to says they interview people through March or April. Do your chances of acceptance go down dramatically if you interview in Feb or March? I wasnt worried about only having one interview so far until I started reading posts by people all over this site saying how worried they are. Do your chances of an acceptance dramatically decrease if you interview after the 1st of the year?
To me, it seems that if you are prone to being neurotic and stressing out, do not read this site. It will only make things worse!

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that in January schools start interviewing for wait list spots. The whole thing makes me furious because it's a whole lot of wasted time and $$, but they have the power!:mad:

Last year, there were some people who did not receive any interviews until March or April. There was one person in particular who was invited for something like 6 interviews in a very short period of time during the Spring. I believe she was accepted to 3 of the schools and waitlisted at the others. So, there is still hope for all of us who are waiting!:p

Members don't see this ad :)
It really depends on the school. Some schools take lots of folks early, others try to make it even.

But yes, we are a bunch of psychos. ;)

Most schools are filled by Dec-Jan. The schools continue to interview but waitlist the people they are interested in. This gives the school backups when those accepted turn down the school and go elsewhere. This may not be true for all schools but this what I was told.

Also depends on whether the school is rolling or not.

Quit worrying about this, it's not true in the majority of cases. Schools will interview a lot of people in jan, feb, march and accept a lot of these people. Some don't even start interviewing till after the year and some give you an interview in October but schedule you in January. They are interviewing 100's of people after the year and if they were just waitlisting they wouldn't interview that many and waste their time. The waitlist thing is probably true at only a handful of schools, but for most schools I wouldn't worry about this.

X

not only are we very neurotic, I would add that most of us here probably spend time regularly rereading our transcripts/MCAT scores as a sort of mental masturbation, have a "dream" school that we identify with and need to attend inorder to feel complete, and do not resemble Jennifer Anniston or Brad Pitt in any remote way. Hope this helped.

I agree with the original poster.. Definitely take most of the advice on here with a grain of salt, as many people giving out advice and "facts" are nervous and still waiting to get in. Also, the general attitude on this thread about waitlists being the kiss of death is just plain wrong! If you want advice about specific schools, I'd suggest looking for med students on here from your school of interest to see what they can tell you. They are more likely to know about their school than most applicants on here.

Originally posted by Medical123
Last year, there were some people who did not receive any interviews until March or April.

but isn't this because AMCAS screwed up last year...so all the deadlines were pushed back??