Is it just me or are people pairing up like prarie voles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AOB88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am M1 and I've been noticing that my classmates are starting to pair up.... is this normal for all schools or is my school the exception?

Members don't see this ad.

Weird.... AdComs usually select for purely asexual people. You should probably report it.

Weird.... AdComs usually select for purely asexual people. You should probably report it.

Didn't you know that the water is spiked at medical schools to address the physician shortages of the future?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure there's sexing going on but my class of 230+ has only produced one class couple so far.

I am M1 and I've been noticing that my classmates are starting to pair up.... is this normal for all schools or is my school the exception?

Interesting...you made an SDN account just to ask this question :laugh:

A lot of people in my class were already in relationships/marriages before they started med school. From what I know, most of those relationships are still intact, even the long distance ones. There's only one inter-class couple in my class of 180.

Pair-bonding is common among many med student species, including Gunnerus totalis and Applicansis nontraditionalis.

LikeThisPost.jpg

No pairs in my class of 100, as far as I know. The vast majority of the class is married, engaged, or already in relationships. I was one of them until about two weeks ago :(

I'm an MS2- at last count we had 9 inter-class couples in a class of 170. One just got engaged.

Whoa. That's 10.58823529%!

I thought that most people were against the inter class pairing but I guess that isn't the case everywhere? Correct me if I am wrong.:thumbup:

But I have to agree...most people in my class entered married, engaged, or with some serious significant other. And some of my classmates ARE definitely pairing up as well.

I thought that most people were against the inter class pairing but I guess that isn't the case everywhere? Correct me if I am wrong.:thumbup:

But I have to agree...most people in my class entered married, engaged, or with some serious significant other. And some of my classmates ARE definitely pairing up as well.

Most people on SDN are, but we are only 10% of the Med school population.

Dude, where are you from that 'prarie voles' is your go-to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most people on SDN are, but we are only 10% of the Med school population.

:laugh:

I don't really get why so on SDN are against it.
I find avoiding specific people in my class of 200 pretty easy to do.

Dude, where are you from that 'prarie voles' is your go-to?

I'm guessing Neuroscience major- we were all about prairie voles in my undergrad "Behavioral Endocrinology" class. Did you know they release stress hormones when they're separated from their partner?? Awwwww...

I'm guessing Neuroscience major- we were all about prairie voles in my undergrad "Behavioral Endocrinology" class. Did you know they release stress hormones when they're separated from their partner?? Awwwww...

Co-dependence is pretty romantic, huh :love:

:smuggrin:

Recent findings have revealed that pair bonding prarie voles are actually quite sneaky and promiscuous. They sneak off into the night to mate with other partners and then come back.

Co-dependence is pretty romantic, huh :love:

Love it in prairie voles, hate it in humans.

Recent findings have revealed that pair bonding prarie voles are actually quite sneaky and promiscuous. They sneak off into the night to mate with other partners and then come back.

Not even the prairie voles can make it work? Well, we're doomed.

Well, we're doomed.

If by doomed you mean set for proper sharing of genetic information in such a way as to preserve and promote fitness, then.....

Sorry, it's just fun to pick on these things. I tend to think that romance only actually means something after you realize how completely and utterly ridiculous it is. :laugh:

Haha like that ever stopped anyone. Can't tell you how many people in my class have gotten hammered and hooked up after post-exam parties
(incl. some people in "serious relationships").

There's always 2 or 3 waking up the next morning in someone's else's apt...

Haha like that ever stopped anyone. Can't tell you how many people in my class have gotten hammered and hooked up after post-exam parties
(incl. some people in "serious relationships").

There's always 2 or 3 waking up the next morning in someone's else's apt...

thats...

Last edited:
haha you're right. We're taking a neuro(ish) class in M1 and 1st lecture he's talking about prairie voles!

Interesting...you made an SDN account just to ask this question :laugh:

A lot of people in my class were already in relationships/marriages before they started med school. From what I know, most of those relationships are still intact, even the long distance ones. There's only one inter-class couple in my class of 180.

I have my suspicions about a few people. :shifty:

I'm someone who was already coupled up years before med school began.

Hahaha this made me laugh.

I had 27 friends get engaged on Christmas. The engagement ring was like the new Furbie.

Good number of intra-class couples in my school. Some of them cross years within school, but there are a lot of them. Seems like the non-traditionals are more likely to not participate in these shananigans.