Is it just me or are these thread titles getting more and more annoying??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mterp45

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
" How do I get from Yale to Harvard and then back to Brown and finally to Hopkins"
(when did SDN become a travel agency?)

" oh I have got too many interviews and now I don't know how or whether I should cancel at Michigan or Pittsburg"

"How many of you are applying to MD/PhD and have a 4.0 like me?"

"Any nice places to eat after my Georgetown interview but before my Mayo interview which is two days after my interview at Case?"

I'm opting for an application process boasting forum where everyone can post about how many times they had to interview at Harvard before they interviewed at Yale which was before they interviewed at Wash U and how they can't figure out how to get from the University of Maryland interview to the Ohio state university interview without consulting SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

You forgot the most annoying one: "Is it just me or are these thread titles getting more and more annoying??".

haha, good one ;).

Members don't see this ad :)
You have been around here long enough to know that during application season this place is a minefield. You have a link to your damn near spotless MDapps, that's not boasting is it... or saying you only applied to one school? ;)

oh, its that zany yale guy

You have been around here long enough to know that during application season this place is a minefield. You have a link to your damn near spotless MDapps, that's not boasting is it... or saying you only applied to one school? ;)

Very valid point :D. I am expecting to take a lot of heat for this thread. But I also know that some people out there are praying for a chance at an interview anywhere thus this is my way of sympathizing.

Last edited:
Hey Docwalken, havent seen you on SDN since the MCAT discussion days lol. You seem to be doing well with the app process. Keep it up. :thumbup:

I can't believe the rudeness of the people who start polls/threads in April asking others to rate the six or seven premier medical schools to which he/she has been accepted. The jerk does not really want information or opinions. He/she just wants to make others drool.

These people are sitting on these acceptances while others are waiting for the jerk to make his/her selection. It's like discussing a restaurant menu in front of a starving child.:mad:

Hey Docwalken, havent seen you on SDN since the MCAT discussion days lol. You seem to be doing well with the app process. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Oh man, I'd rather not re-live those days... Thanks, also. You seem to doing pretty good yourself. Hope your plan works out!

There should be threads for anything. Forums get boring when there are no new threads.

" How do I get from Yale to Harvard and then back to Brown and finally to Hopkins"
(when did SDN become a travel agency?)

" oh I have got too many interviews and now I don’t know how or whether I should cancel at Michigan or Pittsburg"

"How many of you are applying to MD/PhD and have a 4.0 like me?"

"Any nice places to eat after my Georgetown interview but before my Mayo interview which is two days after my interview at Case?"

I'm opting for an application process boasting forum where everyone can post about how many times they had to interview at Harvard before they interviewed at Yale which was before they interviewed at Wash U and how they can’t figure out how to get from the University of Maryland interview to the Ohio state university interview without consulting SDN.

Someone had to say it, dang. Thank you. If you are intelligent enough to get those scores, grades, and interviews I think you can figure out the daunting task of planning out several interviews. I WISH I had that problem...

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone had to say it, dang. Thank you. If you are intelligent enough to get those scores, grades, and interviews I think you can figure out the daunting task of planning out several interviews. I WISH I had that problem...

Maybe they've spent the last few years doing nothing but studying and taking MCAT prep classes, so now they're socially ******ed and don't know how the real world works. Just a theory...

Maybe they've spent the last few years doing nothing but studying and taking MCAT prep classes, so now they're socially ******ed and don't know how the real world works. Just a theory...

Don't get nasty. No need to insult people who do well. You signed up for SDN knowing that many people on here will make those types of "annoying" posts. Get used to it.

real spot on observations, totally agree. And i hate those Oh my mcat is 14, 13, 10 i wish i had more balance! Just want to slap people like that i'm sorry.

And i really question how much you read on this site is exagerated and to what extent.

Like are all those md applications profiles totally legit?!

I want to read more about the difficulties of working in a hospital, what certain specialties actually do, what is involved in med school, opinions on med school, etc. So far it's been hundreds of threads about 'WILL I GET ACCEPTED WITH A 3.99 AND A 44 MCAT ALSO I ONLY VOLUNTEERED FOR 8760 HOURS' or 'School X Class of 'XX'.

I really think SDN needs a feature so that signed in users can hide threads they've decided they don't need to see. Or maybe they have such a feature already and I just don't know about it? (Hoping...)

I want this not just for the incredibly annoying threads, but also the ones that have no relevance to me, like secondary threads for schools I didn't apply to. Or the ones that rejected me (a little piece of me dies every time I see the damn Mayo 2008 thread).

I really think SDN needs a feature so that signed in users can hide threads they've decided they don't need to see. Or maybe they have such a feature already and I just don't know about it? (Hoping...)

I want this not just for the incredibly annoying threads, but also the ones that have no relevance to me, like secondary threads for schools I didn't apply to. Or the ones that rejected me (a little piece of me dies every time I see the damn Mayo 2008 thread).

This is gospel right here and it deserves a "QFT"

Especially the Mayo comment.

There is no such feature that I'm aware of. You can subscribe to certain threads, however, and also ignore certain users so that you don't see their posts.

There is no such feature that I'm aware of. You can subscribe to certain threads, however, and also ignore certain users so that you don't see their posts.

Yeah, insufficient though. There are many threads I don't mind having around but don't want to actively subscribe to, and I'm not so much bitching about individual users posts (although I'm ruthless with the ignore feature. ;))

Yea I guess, the piece of you dying seemed pretty harsh though. Its alright, most of us will probably be rejected by them.

I think you mean it seemed extreme, and I was exaggerating for comic effect. :) I would definitely rather not have my page cluttered by a ton of threads I have no interest in, whatever the reason for my lack of interest.