1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is it just me... orrr..... (Kaplan Quicksheets)

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by kanda1o, Aug 14, 2015.

1. kanda1o

Pre-Medical
    I have been finding with a few weeks left. (well, a week now, exam is on the 22nd), that the Kaplan Quicksheets, especially the behav. sciences section, is really beneficial.

I'm having a hard time studying with 8 days left. I feel as if there's not much more I can do. But when I take practice sections on Kaplan's on demand course, I notice that, (this is especially true with Psy/Soc), the Kaplan quicksheets has a lot of fundamental definitions that pop up a lot on these sections and passages!

Am I the only one? Am I just clinging on this last-minute "strategic" plan of reviewing this mt. everest-type of content for this exam? Or do you all that have the Kaplan quicksheets feel sort of the same way?

jimmypod and StudyLater like this.
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. El-Rami

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I agree. The Kaplan quicksheets are a godsend.

podiatrytime and kanda1o like this.
  4. catie_jane

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I mean their quicksheets are going to match the material they are testing you on (comes from the same company).

The content on the Kaplan quicksheets might not match the AAMC material though

kanda1o likes this.
  5. kanda1o

Pre-Medical
    Ugh, I know, I just don't want to admit it.

StudyLater likes this.
  6. Bruskie_77

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    They were pretty useful for the actual thing. My end game strategy was to know/understand everything on the psych/soc section cold and that was pretty beneficial. But my section wasn't heavy on experimental passages with many unknown terms.

7. 700003

700003 Membership Revoked
    Removed 2+ Year Member

#6 700003, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  8. kanda1o

Pre-Medical
    Were they? I take my exam on the 22nd and I'm freaking out. I feel like the quicksheets give a good rundown on all the main stuff. But you say that your exam wasn't heavy on experiemental passages? That's for the psych/soc section? Do you mind explaining a little more?

9. Bruskie_77

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yea I was pretty concerned with that section because there was the least practice for that area. But I also took psych and soc winter term so it was pretty fresh. Yea my section didn't have a whole lot of stuff I wasn't familiar with. It was a lot more straight forward than it COULD have been. Yea I'm talking about the psych/soc section. It's pretty hard to anticipate what they could ask you for the experimental section so your best bet would be to continue doing practice stuff and targeting you weaknesses. Review the quicksheets until you don't have to refer to it for info. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

kanda1o likes this.